1985 - The Company was incorporated on 10th September, as a public
limited company in Mumbai & obtained the Certificate of
commencement of Business on 1st October, 1985. It was promoted
by Mr. Jatin R. Mehta and others. It was set up to manufacture
'Swan' diamonds with indigenous technology wholly for the export
- The company had also taken steps to manufacture and export
jewellery through its international marketing net work.
- The company project at SEEPZ, Mumbai, set up for manufacturing
diamonds & jewellery, commenced operations from July 1988.
- 70 shares subscribed for by the signatories to the Memorandum
8,49,930 shares issued to associated companies.
1986 - 31,50,000 shares issued at par of which 7,50,000 shares were
reserved and allotted Promoters, directors, etc. Out of the
remaining 24,00,000 shares the following were reserved for
preferential allotment; (i) 9,00,000 shares to NRIs and companies
predominantly held by NRIs all were taken up) and (ii) 2,00,000
shares to employees/Indian working directors/workers (all were
taken up). The balance 13,00,000 shares offered for public
subscription. Additional 7,76,300 shares allotted to retain
oversubscription (1,87,500 shares to promoters, 38,800 shares to
employees, 2,25,000 shares to NRIs and 3,25,000 shares to
- The objects of the public issue of shares in March, were to
enlist shares on recognised Stock Exchanges and to augment the
long term resources for its working capital requirements.
1989 - During September, the Company offered 47,76,300 No. of equity
shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 40 per share on rights
basis to the then existing shareholders in proportion 1:1 (all
were taken up). Additional 7,16,445 shares were allotted to
shareholders to retain oversubscription.
- Another 2,38,815 shares were offered at a premium of Rs 40 per
share to the employees/workers of the Company on an equitable
basis. Only 11,600 shares were taken up. Out of the remaining
2,27,215 shares, 2,00,000 shares were allotted to Canbank Mutual
Fund. The balance 27,215 shares were allowed to lapse.
1992 - The Company undertook increased marketing efforts at China and
other parts of S.E. Asia.
- The Company floated SU-ley Diamond Dealers Pvt. Ltd. and
subsequently effection 18th May, 1993, the said company became a
wholly owned subsidiary of the Company.
1994 - The Company issued 52,40,323 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each
for cash at a premium of Rs 60 per share with one detachable
warrant to the existing shareholders on rights basis. Each
warrant was to be converted into one equity share at a premium of
Rs 60 per share with 12-18 months from the date of allotment.
Accordingly 52,40,323 shares allotted.
- Another 112,06,211 No. of equity shares were issued at a premium
of Rs 85 per share as follows:- (i) 9,50,000 shares to Indian
Mutual Funds. (ii) 14,62,000 shares to FII. (iii) 12,20,000
shares to NRIs. (iv) 10,00,000 shares to Indian financial
- Of the remaining 3,45,000 shares and 62,29,211 shares were issued
at a premium of Rs 95 per share to the employees and public
respectively. 68,889 shares allotted to retain oversubscription.
- During 25th July, the Company allotted 87,50,000 No. of equity
warrants to promoters. The warrant entitle the owner to apply
for one equity share of Rs 10 within 24-36 months from the date
of allotment at a premium of Rs 70 per share. Accordingly
87,50,000 No. of equity shares were allotted.
1996 - The diamond industry was affected by poor demand from markets of
Japan and South East Asia and due to relatively high level of
rough import from various suppliers.
2002-The Board of Directors of Su-raj Diamonds India Ltd has approved incorporation of a 100% subsidiary company in UAE.
- Su-Raj Diamonds Industries Ltd. have acquired 30,50,000 equity shares (7.58%) of Su-Raj Diamonds and Jewellery Limited
-Members of are hereby informed that the name of Su-Raj Diamonds (India) Ltd. shall be changed to Su-Raj Diamonds and Jewellery Limited w.e.f. January 15, 2008.
- Su-raj Diamonds & Jewellery Ltd has informed that Mr. Lakhpatraj Bhansali is inducted into the Board of the Company with effect from January 30, 2008.
- Su-Raj Diamonds and Jewellery Ltd has appointed Mr. Madan B. Khurjekar as a Director of the Company with effect from January 30, 2010.