2000 - Wockhardt has launched cardiac drug enalapril maleate in the US through its
marketing joint venture with Sidmak Laboratories.
- Pharmaceutical major Wockhardt Ltd has set up a corporate training centre with
modern and state-of-the-art facility under one roof at Aurangabad.
2001 - Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd, the wholly owned subsidiary of Wockhardt Ltd, will set up
two cardiac hospitals in Mumbai and Bangalore.
- The Company has terminated its three-year old marketing alliance with Sidmak
Laboratories, one of the top ten generic pharma companies in the US.
- Pharma major Wockhardt Ltd. has entered into a strategic alliance with a Japanese
firm Eisai Company Ltd. to manufacture and market a neurology drug -- Methycobal.
- Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd, the wholly owned subsidiary of pharmaceutical major
Wockhardt Ltd, has tied up with four international health insurance companies to
offer medical cover to non-resident Indians.
- AGM JUNE 8 2001 Wockhardt has launched an innovative and attractive employee stock option scheme, ESOP.
- Wockhardt Ltd has introduced an employee stock option (ESOP) scheme for over 175 employees
in the senior and middle management levels with about 2,00,000 shares being allotted.
-The Hari L Mundra has joined Wockhardt as vice-chairman. Mundra will spearhead the company's domestic operations which account for 70 per cent of its turnover.
- Wockhardt Ltd has appointed Mr. Lalit Kumar as Executive Director on its Corporate Board. Mr. Kumar will spearhead Wockhardt's International Business covering bulk drug operations and formulations export, as well as ANDA research and Intellectual Property Rights.
-Wockhardt restructured its field organization to upgrade its competitiveness and
-Mumbai based wockhardt will hit the domestic market with the first indigenously
developed insulin soon, in a move to induce turmoil in the market.
-Wockhardt has launched new four speciality hospitals at its Mulund complex in Mumbai.
-Maharashtra Government decided to terminate its Joint Venture agreement with
Wockhardt for setting up a super speciality hospital.
-Wockhardt Limited has acquired CP pharmaceuticals(Holdings) Ltd, along with
-Wockhardt is strengthening its marketing strategies and distribution system to
unveil human insulin in Indian market.
-Wockhardt Launched Asia's first human recombinant insulin, making India the
first Asian country to develop, manufacture and market the product.
-Wockhardt Ltd has received USFDA approval for marketing bethanecol Chloride
tablets in the US.
-Wockhardt baged USFDA approval for Bethanechol
-Baged US approval to sell bethanechol chloride tablets
-Wockhardt Ltd has informed that Mr. JS Khorakiwala who has been on the board of the company as Executive Director, has resigned from the directorship with immediate effect.
-Wockhardt Ltd has filed an Investigational New Drug (IND) application for its new drug for respiratory infections, WCK-1152
- Wockhardt Ltd has acquired German pharmaceutical company esparma GmbH for a consideration of $11 million (around Rs 49 crore).
-Centre for Drug Evaluation & Research, an arm of the US Food & Drug Administration (US FDA), has approved the sterile injectable facility as well as facilities for sterile bulk drugs (active pharmaceutical ingredient) and formulations spread over three locations in India
-Wockhardt gets USFDA nod for 6 manufacturing units
-Launches of India's first automatic insulin delivery device specially designed for the convenience of Indian diabetic patients on February 14, 2005
-Wockhardt forges alliance with Kamineni Group to establish two world-class heart hospitals in the Hyderabad
-Wockhardt unveils father's heart network
-Wockhardt receives US FDA approval for marketing cefuroxime axetil in the US market
-Wockhardt unveils new generation hepatitis A vaccine
-Wockhardt rolls out new Hepatitis A vaccine
-Wockhardt's Waluj plant approved by US FDA
-Wockhardt signs in-licensing pact with Crawford Healthcare of UK.
-Wockhardt Ltd has appointed Mr. Rajiv B Gandhi as Director- Finance & Information for a period of five years effective from February 22, 2007, subject to the approval of shareholders.
-Wockhardt Ltd has announced US FDA approval for marketing Ketorolac anti-inflammatory injection in the US market, its third US FDA approval in the last ten days.
- Wockhardt Ltd on May 03, 2007 has announced the acquisition of Negma Laboratories, the fourth largest independent, integrated pharmaceutical group in France with sales of $ 150 million. The Company has acquired Negma Laboratories in an all-cash deal worth $ 265 million. The transaction is valued at 1.8 times the sales and 9.7 times the EBITDA.
Wockhardt Ltd has unveiled Cetirizine tablets in the US, after having got the regulatory clearance to market different strengths of anti-allergy medicine Cetirizine Hydrochloride. Cetirizine is the generic version of Pfizer's Zyrtec brand and the total market for Cetirizine tablets in the US is $1.4 billion.
- Wockhardt Ltd has forayed into a 10- year in-licensing pact with the UK's Sinclair Pharma plc to market dermatology and dental products in India.