1980 - The Company was Incorporated on 20th May, at Mumbai. The Company
was promoted by Rajkumar Saraf and his associates.
- The Company's object is to manufacture computers and micro
processors based systems and peripherals.
1984 - The Company introduced high performance MS-DOS machines under the
name of PROFESSIONAL.
1985 - The Company introduced for the first time a UNIX operations
system based on Motorola - 68000 processor.
1987 - LAN (Local Area Network) System was introduced by the Company.
- Out of the 2,80,000 shares issued till date, 80,000 shares
issued as bonus shares.
1988 - 9,50,000 shares issued (prem. Rs.7 per share) of which
- (i) 1,77,000 shares reserved and allotted to promoters, directors
- (ii) 45,000 shares reserved for preferential allotment to
employees, etc. (only 4,300 shares taken up) and
- (iii) 3,80,000 shares reserved for preferential allotment to NRIs
on repatriation basis (only 1,51,900 shares taken up). The
balance of 3,48,000 shares, along with 2,68,800 shares not taken
up under preferential quota were offered to the public in July.
Additional 1,15,950 shares allotted to the public to retain
1990 - With effect from 1st September, Telelinks Ltd., a subsidiary of
the Company was merged with the Company. As per the terms of the
scheme of amalgamation, shareholders of Telelink Ltd. were
offered 87 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each of the Company for
every 87 No. of equity shares held in Telelink, Ltd.
- During February, the Company offered 2,48,370 - 14% secured fully
debentures of Rs.100 each on 'Rights basis' in the prop. 8 debs:
100 No. of equity shares (only 1,64,517 debentures were taken up
and the remaining 83,853 debentures devolved on underwriters).
- Simultaneously, another 12,420 - 14% fully convertible debentures
were issued to employees (including Indian working
directors)/workers of the Company on an equitable basis. None
were taken up and all the debentures were allotted to mutual
funds of nationalised banks.
- Rs.30 of the face value of each debenture was automatically and
compulsorily converted into one equity share of Rs.10 each at a
prem. of Rs.20 per share on the expiry of 6 months from the date
of allotment of debentures. Accordingly 2,60,790 No. of equity
shares were allotted on 16th November.
- The remaining Rs.70 of the face value of each debenture was
automatically and compulsorily converted into on equity share of
Rs.10 each at a prem. to be decided by the CCI at the end of 24
months from the date of allotment of debentures. The premium for
this conversion was fixed by CCI as Rs.30 per share and
accordingly 4,56,382 No. of equity shares were allotted in July
1992 at Rs.40 per share in second conversion of debentures ie.,
Rs.70 per debenture was converted into 1.75 equity shares.
1991 - New products, viz. notebook computer, print-n-plot server, job
server, compute server, zenith transaction tracking system, were
launched in the market.
- The Company embarked upon a diversification scheme involving
setting up of facilities for the manufacture of high growth
products such as colour graphic terminals/systems CAD/CAM system
- The Company proposed to set up a 100% export oriented unit at
Vashi, New Mumbai.
- 200 No. of equity shares forfeited in 1989-90 reissued.
1992 - The Company issued 13,63,273 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each
at a prem. of Rs.35 per share on rights basis in the prop. of
3:5. Only 13,20,616 shares were taken up. The balance 42,657
shares were allotted privately.
- Another 2,84,638 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each at a prem. of
Rs.35 per share were reserved and associates of promoters.
- Simultaneously with rights issue the Company issued 39,07,644
No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each at a prem. of Rs.35 per share
through prospecuts as follows:
- (i) 20,00,000 shares to NRIs (all were taken up);
- (ii) 6,66,666 shares to UTI on firm basis (all were taken up);
- (iii) 1,55,555 shares to employees (only 7,000 shares taken up);
- (iv) 3,90,764 shares to Mutual Funds (none were taken up).
- The remaining 6,94,659 shares, along with 5,39,319 shares not
taken by employees and Mutual Funds, were offered to the public.
(all were taken up).
1993 - The Company entered into an agreement with Tricord Systems of USA
who are manufacturers of high end screners.
2000 - SGI India entered into a strategic tie-up with Zenith Computers
for sales and Support of the former's IA-32 based workstations
and servers throughtout the country.
- Cymbionic Marketing Ltd. a prominent name in Multi-level marketing
has tied up with the company for boosting its marketing and distribution
- The Company has launched gaming personal computers in association
with Singapore's Creative Technology Ltd in an effort to capture the growing
home entertainment and Internet market.
-Zenith Computers has selected Western Digital Corp. As a supplier of hard drives for its PCs. Zenith is integrating Western Digital's WE Protege, WD Caviar and WD Caviar SE- with both serial AA and EIDE interfaces-hard drives into its mainstream desktop PC Systems.
-Zenith Computers launched, along with chip major Intel, a multimedia PC for students
- Zenith Computers Limited has informed that Mr. Vipin Maneklal Shah has been appointed as a Director of the Company with effect from March 31, 2009. The Board of Directors of the Company as on date are:
1. Mr. Raj Kumar Saraf, Chairman and Managing Director and Promoter.
2. Mr. Homi Phiroze Ranina, Independent Director.
3. Mr. Vijay Ram Mukhi, Independent Director.
4. Mrs. Vijayrani Saraf, Promoter Director.
5. Mr. Vipin Maneklal Shah, Independent Director.