1984 - The Company was incorporated as a private limited company on June
14, and it became a Public Limited Company on January 14, 1994.
It was promoted by M. Y. Noorani, Kewal K. Seth, Anees Y. Noorani
and Salma Y. Noorani.
- The Company set up a 100% Export Oriented Unit at Umbergaon,
district Valsad, Gujarat with a capacity of 1 million units per
annum to manufacture and export mens clothings including shirts,
beach-wear and pyjama suits.
- Production techniques were introduced enabling the Company to
emerge as a major exporter.
1989 - The Company redesigned and modernised the entire plant with
technical assistance from a leading European consultancy
- After amalgamations of Knitwear Pvt. Ltd., the Company got
additional facilities to manufacture 12,88,000 unit p.a. based on
1992 - Effective April, Zodiac Textiles & Apparels Export Pvt. Ltd.
(ZTAEPL), Multiplex Packaging Pvt. Ltd. (MPPL) and Bangalore
based Knitwear Pvt. Ltd. (BKPL) were amalgamated with the
- As per the scheme of Amalgamation: (i) 48 equity shares of Rs 100
each in the Company for every one equity share of Rs 10 each held
in XTAEPL. (ii) 48 equity shares of Rs 100 each in the company
for every 100 equity shares of Rs 100 each in MP (iii) 44 equity
shares of Rs 100 each in the Company for every 1000 equity shares
of Rs 10 each in BKPL. Accordingly 1,11,800 No. of equity shares
of Rs 100 each of the Company were allotted to the amalgamating
1994 - During June, the company offered for sale 8,48,300 No. of equity
shares at an offer price of Rs 110 per share.
1995 - Mayfair (Mumbai) Ltd., Multiplex Collapsible Tubes Ltd., Zodiac
Clothing Company S.A., are subsidiaries of the company.
- 33,93,000 No. of equity shares allotted. Of these 22,75,000
shares allotted at par to promoters and their associates.
11,18,000 shares allotted in pursuance of amalgamation.
2000 - Zodiac has launched its latest range of formal and semi formal
shirts dubbed 'The Changeant Collection'.
- The Company has launched a new range of casualwear targeted at
the youth market. The range called ZOD - includes shirts,
trousers, bermudas and boxer shorts.
- Zodiac has launched Creme de la Creme, a range of ties.
- Zodiac Clothing Company is merging two privately-held companies, Milliard
Clothing and Merino Knitting, with itself to strengthen the garment business.
2003 - Mr. Deepak Parekh appointed as Alternate Director to Dr. Heinrich-Dietrich Dieckmann.
- BOD approved a dividend of Rs.5/- per equity share for the year ended March 31, 2003
- Dr.Heinrich Dietrich Dieckmann is appointed as an Ordinary Director liable to retire by rotation. Mr.Deepak Parekh ceased to be an alternate director to Dr.Heinrich Dietrich Dieckmann and later ceasing to be an additional Director consequent to his appointment as an Ordianry Director.
-Zodiac Clothing Company, the Mumbai-based textile major, has acquired a Dubai-based shirt manufacturing company for close to Rs 25 crore
-Zodiac Clothing Company Ltd has appointed Mr. Vijaykumar H. Modi as a Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of the Company with effect from 31st May 2007.