The units will be available at par (Rs.10/-) during the NFO and at NAV related prices thereafter. The scheme will re-open for continuous sale and repurchase from December 27, 2012.
The investment objective of the scheme is to provide regular income along with opportunities for capital appreciation through investments in a diversified basket of central government securities, state government securities, treasury bills and similar other instruments.
The benchmark index for the fund is CRISIL Gilt Index.
- An open ended dedicated gilt scheme.
- Opportunity to invest in Gilt Papers with a low lumpsum investment of Rs 5,000/-
- Approved investment for exempt Provident Funds, Superannuation Funds, Gratuity Funds and under New Pension Scheme
- Fixed Tenor Trigger (FTT) Plan
- Easy Exit : 0.5% for exit (repurchase/switch-out/transfer) within 30 days from the date of allotment
- Minimum investment lumpsum : Rs.5000. SIP : Rs.500/- per month
- SIP, STP and SWP facilities available
- Benchmark - CRISIL Gilt Index.
- NFO Period: December 5, 2012 to December 17, 2012.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Debasish Mallick, MD & Chief Executive Officer, IDBI Asset Management Ltd said "IDBI Gilt Fund is an approved instrument for investment by exempt Provident Funds, Superannuation Funds, Gratuity Funds and also under the New Pension Scheme. IDBI Gilt Fund will invest in Gilt securities which bear zero-credit risk and offer adequate liquidity. The Fund will dynamically manage duration of gilt securities so as to optimize returns, in the backdrop of present uncertainties. The launch of IDBI Gilt Fund is in line with our endeavour to offer products across the entire spectrum of investment options to suit all classes of investors and their diverse needs."