1) SGX Nifty indicates weaker opening for Indian markets
The SGX Nifty is down by 25 points, indicating a slightly weakish opening for the Indian markets. However, this may not always be the perfect indicator for Indian markets opening.
2) Media stocks may be in the limelight
Media stocks like Sun TV and HT Media may be in the limelight as reports predict an increase in advertising spending ahead of the Union Elections.
3) ONGC may see modest selling pressure
The stock of ONGC may see some selling pressure on reports that it has shut its four oilfields in South Sudan. The nation is witnessing internal strife.
4) Retail stocks to be in focus on robust festive sales
Stocks of retailers like Pantaloon and Shopper's Stop may see some action after a leading economic daily carried news that sales this year have been excellent.
5) Banking stocks to stay in focus
The volatile banking stocks are likely to stay in focus on reports that the RBI may unveil major changes in its monetary policy. The changes are expected by the end of the year 2013 or early 2014.