The company has two plans on offer: one is the Study Companion Plan, while the other is the Study Elite plan. The latter covers a few extra things like Bail Bond Insurance. Since they are almost similar, it's best we take a look at the Study Elite Plan from Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance for Students.
Study Elite Plan
Under this there are three plans including the Standard, Silver and Gold. Coverage amount under the Standard is lower, while the silver is medium and gold offers the highest coverage. Obviously, the premium is also likely to differ with the premium under gold plan being the highest.
What does it cover?
The Study Elite Plan of Bajaj Allianz's Student Travel insurance covers the following.
1) Hospitalisation, loss of baggage, accident to sponsor, family visit and other incidental expenses.
2) Covers you against bail bonds and tuition fee (offered only with student elite).
3) Covers you against loss of passport (covered only under Brilliant Minds)
4) Covers you for emergency dental pain relief (offered only with Study Companion and Student Elite).
Remember to study the exclusions
Before you take a student insurance policy it's important to remember the exclusions. Here are a few exclusions under Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance for Students.
1) A medical condition that existed before taking the policy.
2) Suicide, attempted suicide or willfully self-inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder, anxiety/stress/depression/nervousness having no underlying physical illness as a cause; venereal disease, alcoholism, drunkenness or the abuse of drugs.
3) Hazardous occupation
4) The cost of spectacles, contact lenses, hearing aids, crutches and all other external appliances and/or devices whether for diagnosis or treatment.
5) Loss which is not reported to the appropriate police authority within 24 hours of the discovery of the loss, and in respect of which an official report has not been obtained.
Before taking a Student Travel Insurance you might want to compares similar policies from ICICI Lombard and Tata AIG to ensure that the premium you pay is competitive.