The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has launched provident fund (PF) account details online. Which means that now you can know your PF account balance at your finger tips.
You can also track the latest approved transactions of settlement/advances/transfer-in/transfer-out, if any.
Procedure to check EPF balance
- Go to the site and click on know your EPF balance
- Select the EPFO office where your account is maintained and give your PF Account number.
- Leave the extension field blank, in case your account does not have one.
- Enter your name and mobile number. The given mobile number will be recorded along with the PF Account Number.
- Once the submission is successful, the details will be sent through SMS to the given mobile number.
You can also know your claim status
This facility is meant for EPF Members/subscribers/pensioners who have submitted a claim in any of the EPFO offices across India. Using this facility one can track the status of a claim so submitted. The only pre‐requisite is you must know your PF Account Number.
On the claim status information page, select the regional provident fund office with which the employer maintains their PF accounts and enter your EPF account number.
- Click on the link to know your claim status
- If you know the EPF Office from where your claim has to be settled, select the same from the
- office drop down list.
- On selection of office, the mandatory Region Code and Office Code will get populated automatically in the respective boxes.
- Enter the Establishment Code in the third box - which can be of maximum 7 digits.
- In case the Establishment Code has an extension / sub‐code, enter the same here. It can be a digit
- or letter as the case may be and can be of maximum 3 characters in size. Leave this field blank, if there is no extension /sub‐code to the Establishment Code.
- Enter your account number which can be of maximum 7 digits.
- Click on submit to get the status.
After that, your status of the account will appear on the screen.
You can also register your grievance on Grievance link in case if you are waiting for your PF for a long time.