Tips to save you from phishing:
- Always type the address of your bank URL in the browser bar only.
- Avoid opening of multiple windows during a session.
- Never share your user Ids, Passwords, DOB, IPIN< Credit/Debit card number.
- Change your Internet Banking password at periodical intervals.
- verify the URL of the login page starts with the text ‘https://' and is not ‘http://
- Always log off systematically and reconfirm your status.
- Always use updated anti-virus and anti-spyware tools to keep your computer healthy.
- Use dual security passwords for added protection.
- Update yourself on phishing at regular intervals from authentic sources.
- If your log-in IDs or passwords appear automatically on the sign-in page of a secure website, you should disable the "Auto Complete" function to increase the security of your information.
To disable the "Auto Complete" function:
- Open Internet Explorer and click "Tools" > "Internet Options" >"Content".
- Under "Personal Information", click "Auto Complete".
- Uncheck "User names and passwords on forms" and click "Clear Passwords".
- Click "OK".
- If you have more than one Internet Banking user ID, use a different password for each of the user IDs.
- Always check the last log-in date and time in the post login page.
- Do not click on any links in any e-mail message to access the site.