Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) keeps warning individuals from time to time regarding fake calls from individuals having no association with the insurance company whatsoever.
1) Do verify the identify of the caller and the license issued by IRDA. This must be done before you purchase a life insurance policy.
2) In case you have a doubt regarding a particular policy it is best to visit the website of LIC here
3) One can register all policies on the LIC Website for better management. So, if you receive calls from fake callers, you know exactly about your policies.
4) Report suspicious calls with brief details to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Most importantly do not part with your policy number and other details.
6) Do not be tempted by exaggerated returns and bonuses.
7) Remember, if an individual is asking to surrender your policy, LIC never encourages it.