With launch of Universal Account Number(UAN), you don't need to check the PF balance through SMS. You can just download or print your EPF passbook anytime. Only one UAN will be allotted, this will remain the same though you change different jobs within the country. The Know Your Customer (KYC) documents would be used for authentication of the universal account number. This will be issued by your employer.
Here are some of the benefits of having UAN
- You can link all your previous PF accounts with UAN. (The name should be same)
- You can download/print your UAN card.
- You can file PF transfer or withdrawal claim online
- You can view the status of PF claim online.
- You can update your KYC.
If you have changed your job or planning to change this will be very helpful as:
- EPF Transfer would become very easy as it can be done online.
- However, EPF Transfer and EPF withdrawal will take little time.
- The main advantage is there will be no need of verification from the employer at the time of PF withdrawal or transfer.