Individuals travelling abroad will be aware how much pre paid currency card will be helpful if they have the right card with them which serves the purpose.
State Bank Foreign Travel Card' is a prepaid foreign currency card which can used when individual are travelling abroad. Any individuals can hold a SBI Foreign Travel Card, irrespective of whether he holds an account with SBI or not.
The card offers you a convenient and secure way to carry cash anywhere in the world and can be used immediately after purchase except in India, Nepal and Bhutan.
Here are must know things before travelling abroad:
- State Bank Foreign Travel Card is available in Eight Foreign Currencies viz.US Dollars (USD), Pound Sterling (GBP), Euro (EUR), Japanese Yen (YEN), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Australian Dollar (AUD), Saudi Riyal (SAR) and Singapore Dollar(SGD).
- The Card can be used to withdraw cash at all ATMs accepting Visa Cards, Bank Branches overseas and also transact at Point of Sale (PoS).
- However, the card cannot be used at gambling or any unlawful activity.
- The card can be topped up from any branch authorized for the purpose. There are 550 + such Branches across India .
- All ATMs displaying the VISA / VISA Flag / Plus / Electron will accept State Bank Foreign Travel Card.
- Withdrawals are subject to the daily transaction limits set by the ATM acquirer banks and depending on the note dispensing capacity of the machine. This may also vary during peak tourist season.
- Fee will not be charged if the balance amount is claimed within three Months of the expiry of the card. If claim is made after three months of expiry of the card, the amount will be refunded after deducting US$-5/GBP-5/Euro-5/CAD$-5/ AUS$-5/Yen500/SAR-20/SGD-6 as Bank charges.
- Individuals can use the card for online transaction (e-commerce). Validation through VBV and use of CVV2 has been made mandatory in our system for performing e-commerce transaction for ensuring safety of the money of the cardholder.
- If your Card is misplaced or stolen, call State Bank Prepaid Helpdesk on +91- 1800112211, 18004253800 & 080-26599990 (Paid service) so that the Card is immediately blocked and misuse of the lost Card is prevented/ minimized.