Most of the banks have joined hands with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), to support and promote Rupay card which is India's own debut card giving tough competition to Visa and Master cards.
RuPay card will help you, use your card in the same manner as you use your Master and Visa debit and Credit Cards.
Rupay card can be used to make payments online, to withdraw cash from ATM and can be swiped at shopping centers.
For RuPay, the charges will be less around 40 per cent and there will be no one-time joining fee. Rupay card is beneficial for banks as well as customers.
Must Know things for Rupay card holder
1) Before using the card for making payments, it is mandatory for every customer to be registered to avail RuPay E-commerce services. The same can be done during your first transaction or on your bank's website.
2) The bank authenticate the customer by their methods like OTP (One Time Password)/net banking credentials.
3) During registration, customer will have to wait till next business day for card if he exceeds the number of attempts for image selection.
4) The customer will be notified about the successful transaction on submitting a valid PIN.
For frequent train traveller, there is a IRCTC pre-piad Rupay card which can be used to book tickets on IRCTC.
5) Phrase is a unique feature plays a vital role in establishing an authenticity of the web page. For doing further transactions, the customer has to remember this phrase. This is one of the anti-phishing feature.