- PAN Number
- Form-16 issued by your employer
- Bank statements / passbook for Interest Income on bank deposits
- Statements of interest income besides Bank deposits
- TDS certificates issued to you by your bank and others
- Form 26AS - The Income Tax department of the Indian government shows you the tax credit you have received for Tax deducted at source. Click to know how to view 26AS.
- Section 80C investment. Investments done under LIC, NSC, PPF qualify for Section 80C deductions.
- Charitable donation statements. Donations that can be claimed for tax deductions under Section 80G.
- Interest paid on housing loan. Interest on housing loan is eligible for tax saving upto Rs 2,50,000.
The following documents may also be needed for income tax return filing
- Stock trading statement. Profits from stock investment that were made during the year will be taxed under Capital Gains, only if their short trem capital gains.
- Section 80CCF investments. Upto Rs. 20,000 can be claimed as tax deduction under this section
Following documents needed if there is income from residential property
- Housing Loan repayment certificate
- Municipal Corporation tax receipt