There are many advantages of paying tax online such as no need to stand in long queues for payment of tax or write cheques or fill challans in four copies. Click to know more on advanatges of paying tax online.
Pre-requirment before paying
- Computer with internet connection.
- Bank account with net banking facility
- Bank will provide the accountholder with a username and password.
- Open a net-banking account with any of the banks listed.
- Go to website www.incometaxindia.gov.in
- Click on ‘pay taxes on-line'.
- Fill in the required challan online. Help is available on screen as FAQ, downloads etc.
- Make tax payment through net-banking account online.
- A challan counterfoil will be available instantaneously on the screen with CIN (challan identification number). The Challan
- Identification Number (CIN) on this counterfoil should be quoted in Return of Income.
- Print the counterfoil and also save it in the computer if required.
- Check if your payment has reached the Tax Information Network.