The advance tax can be paid either through income tax department website that directs you to tin.nsdl.com page or using net banking facility with any of the public or private sector bank.
For online payment you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Open the link for online tax payment with your bank in which net banking facility is activated. You'll then be asked to specify or select either of the two options direct tax payment or indirect tax payment.
2. Upon checking on the direct tax payment option, user will be directed to NSDL e-payment page.
3. You'll then be asked to select applicable challan for the payment among the listed ITNS 280, ITNS 281, ITNS 282 and ITNS 283. On selection of the appropriate Challan/ITNS 280 for advance tax payment, a screen with the challan is displayed.
4. You are then required to completely fill in the challan and select the bank for tax payment and thereafter click on "Proceed" option.
5. The confirmation page or screen will bear name of the taxpayer as per the database of Income Tax dept. and you are required to verify the name before heading for the payment. In case the name is correct you can click on " Submit to the bank" option else you need to check " Edit" option.
6. In case the Edit option is selected you'll be again directed to the Challan page for making the changes else in the other case on clicking on "Submit to the Bank" button you shall be taken to the bank login window and you'll be required to enter log-in credentials for making the payment
7. On successful login, Challan details are displayed with the payment option. On clicking on" Proceed further" button, an acknowledgement is generated with Challan Identification Number(CIN) containing Date of Tender, BSR code of the Branch and Challan sequence number.
8. On obtaining CIN, a print out of the counterfoil has to be taken and then the exit option is to be selected.
Following the above steps, you can pay advance tax online and relieve yourself.
Note: e-payment is mandatory for corporate assessees