These days paying your taxes are becoming easier, thanks to technology. Long queues and matching with branch timing was a difficult task earlier.
Now, you can now pay Direct Taxes such as Income Tax, TDS etc with the help of your ATM-cum-Debit Card issued. Here, to simplify we have considered SBI debit card. This is another way paying tax other than net banking. For that you need to register which is One Time Registration for getting a secure code (password). Click to know how to protect your debit card?
Visit the CBDT website. You are displayed the Tax Information Network webpage of Income Tax Department.
1. Click the challan no. applicable.
2. Enter the PAN, name, address, assessment year, major head, minor head, type of payment etc.
3. Select State Bank of India from the list of banks.
4. You will be redirected to the OnlineSBI site.
5. You will be provided with options like internet Banking or ATM cum Debit Cards of SBI.
6. Select ATM cum Debit Cards of SBI and click the Submit button. You will be redirected to payment gateway site.
7. Enter the card details like card number, CVV / PIN number, other details and submit.
8. Enter your secure code password and submit.
9. Click the Submit button. You will be redirected to SBI with the account number details of your card number.
10. Enter the actual tax amount now. You will be displayed pre-confirmation page with the tax payment details.
11. Verify the details and click the confirm button.
Post confirmation page displays a link to print or download the receipt. These are the steps followed to pay through your Debt Card.