There are chances that you may received the tax demand notice to pay the outstanding amount. Once you receive outstanding demand notice, you need to reply the same.
Income Tax Department generally sends Intimation Under Section 143(1) if there is any outstanding amount payable or in case of any refund. Usually, you are requested to pay the entire tax demand within 30 days of receipt of the intimation.
Here are simple steps to respond to tax demand if the demand is valid and correct
- Logon on to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Go to e-File- Response to Outstanding Tax Demand.
- Enter PAN and Captcha code and click on Submit button.
- If assessees selects "Demand is correct", then a pop up is displayed as "If you confirm "Demand is correct' then you cannot ‘Disagree with the demand'.
- Click on Submit.
How to pay Outstanding Income Tax demand online?
- Log onto www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Click on "My Account" option.
- Check "Outstanding Tax Demand" link.
- Click on "E-Pay Tax" to pay the taxes online. The link will take you to Tax Information Network page.
- In new page, select "Challan no /ITNS 280" option.
- Select " Income Tax - Other than companies" option.
- Select " Tax on Regular Assessment (400) under "Type of payment" section.
- Select the bank to make payment.
- Click on "Proceed" button and re-confirm the details.
- Next you will be taken to your Bank's Login page.
- Login to your bank account with your credentials and make the necessary payments.