The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) enables employees to check EPF balance in a number of ways i.e. by online, missed call, SMS, UMANG app etc. But what if in case you don't have a Universal Account Number (UAN) or have lost it? No need to worry about you can now check your EPF balance even without UAN. Via online, missed call, and SMS facility you can track your EPF balance without UAN. But for the same, you must, however, be registered with the UAN portal and have your KYC records linked with your EPF account. After signing in to the EPFO portal, a person must follow the steps outlined below to verify his or her EPF balance without using UAN.
Steps to check EPF balance without UAN
- Visit epfindia.gov.in and select the option 'Click Here to Know your EPF Balance"
- Now you will be redirected to epfoservices.in.epfo where you need to head to the "Member Balance Information" section.
- Now select your state and enter EPF office, establishment code, PF account number and other details.
- Now accept the acknowledgement by clicking on the 'I agree' option
- Your EPF account balance will now be displayed on your device screen.
Steps to check EPF balance without UAN via Missed Call & SMS facility
Subscribers of EPFO can check their PF balance through SMS or missed calls. To check your PF balance through SMS just type 'EPFOHO UAN' and send it to 7738299899 from your registered mobile number. You can also check your PF balance by missed call. For the same give a missed call on 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number.
Note: You can also withdraw EPF balance without UAN. To know the process, click here.