By reaching the bank branch or using the Net Banking Service, a customer of SBI can apply for a cheque book. You can request for a cheque book online, according to the bank's website. For all of your savings, current, cash credit, and overdraft accounts, a cheque book can now be applied online from the convenience of your home or workplace.
You can apply for cheque books containing 25, 50 or 100 pages of cheques. You can either pick it up from the branch or schedule it to be delivered by post or courier to your branch. At your registered address, you can choose to get the cheque book to be delivered, or you can have an alternative address. Within 3 working days from the date of the application, cheque books will be delivered.
How to apply for an SBI cheque book online?
By following the below-listed steps you can apply for an SBI cheque book online:
Step 1: Visit www.onlinesbi.com and sign in to your account using the required credentials i.e. User ID and Password.
Step 2: Now click on the 'Request & Enquiries' option, and you will be redirected to a new page where you need to select 'Cheque book services' and then 'Cheque Book Request' option.
Step 3: Now opt your account for which you are going to apply for a cheque book and also fill the multi-city option, number of cheque book, number of cheque leaves from the drop-down lists.
Step 4: Now click on 'Submit' and confirm the entered specifics of your cheque book request
Step 5: Select your delivery address from the three options i.e. Registered Address, Last Available Dispatch Address and New Address.
Step 6: Once you are done, click on 'Submit'
SBI Cheque Book Charges
Multicity cheques will be provided on this website, as per the Online SBI Portal, upon your submission. You will have to ask the home branch if you want a regular cheque book. Based on the type of account you hold with the bank, charges can be imposed.
- For all savings bank accounts with quarterly average balance as at the previous quarter-end below Rs25,000, charges will be Rs 3 per cheque leaf.
- For accounts with a quarterly average balance of Rs 25, 000 and above as at the previous quarter-end, charges will be Rs 2 per cheque leaf.
- According to the bank's website, 50 free leaves a year for senior citizen/salary accounts and 20 free leaves per year for other P-Segment/AGL Segment holders.
How to apply for an SBI cheque book through SMS and missed call?
State Bank of India (SBI) provides its customers with the 'SBI Quick-Missed Call Banking' service. Customers can get their account balance, mini statement and several other banking related items under this facility by only providing a missed call or sending an SMS from their registered mobile number with the specified keywords to predefined mobile numbers. A key point to remember here is to ensure that your mobile number is modified to be able to apply for this service in your account. You can use the SBI Quick facility in the mobile app's pre-login tab. Here the different keywords and mobile numbers of the address need not be identified. As well the internet access is not necessary to use SBI Quick once the app is enabled, as the interaction will occur via SMS or missed call.
SBI SMS and missed call service
- Send your SMS as 'REG[space]Account Number' to 09223488888 from your registered mobile number to enable this service. Upon effective registration, a confirmation message will be sent to your mobile number.
- Give a missed call or Type ‘BAL' and send it to 09223766666 for balance enquiry
- Give a missed call or Type ‘MSTMT' and send it to 09223866666 to get a mini statement of the last 5 transactions.
- Type "CHQREQ" and send it to 09223588888 to request a cheque book
- An SMS will be sent by you. Send SMS authorization by typing CHQACC[space]Y[space]6 digit number obtained for further processing through SMS to 09223588888 within two hours of receiving SMS
- Send the SMS 'ESTMT to 09223588888 to get an e-statement for the last 6 months.
- Send the SMS 'ESTMT [space][account number][space][code] to 09223588888 for the last six months of the E-statement. A 4-digit number of your preference will be used in this code which can be utilized to encrypt the PDF file forwarded to your registered email id by the bank.
- Send SMS ELI [space][account number][space][code]to 09223588888 to receive the interest certificate of your education loan for the fiscal year. The code will also be a 4-digit number of your preference which can be used as a password to encrypt the PDF file delivered to your registered email id by the bank.
- Send an SMS HLI[space][account number][space][code]to 09223588888 to receive your home loan interest certificate for the fiscal year,
- Send an SMS 'SWON/SWOFFATM/POS/ECOM/INTL/DOM XXXX' to 09223966666 from your registered mobile number if you want to turn on or off the use of ATM card at the point of sale (PoS), ATM, International, and so on. Here, the last 4 digits of the card number will be XXXX.