Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique number released by the UIDAI to citizens of India who have completed the Authority's approval process. Anyone who is a citizen of India, regardless of age or gender, can conveniently enrol to receive an Aadhaar number. Since the Aadhaar card is the most important identity proof, it must be updated on a regular basis. UIDAI recently revealed three simple ways to check the status of your Aadhaar card online. UIDAI announced on Twitter that those who have recently changed their 12-digit unique identity number can verify their status using one of the three basic methods outlined below.
On its Twitter handle Aadhaar (@UIDAI) on May 6, 2021 stated "#AadhaarHelpline
Have you updated your Aadhaar recently? Call 1947 or email at email@example.com to know the status of your update request. Keep your acknowledgment slip or URN handy to get the details. You can also check the status online from https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar."
#AadhaarHelpline— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) May 6, 2021
Have you updated your Aadhaar recently? Call 1947 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to know the status of your update request. Keep your acknowledgment slip or URN handy to get the details. You can also check the status online from https://t.co/IijgmtTIvC pic.twitter.com/Tmq9QobTBl
The status details can also be accessed by using the acknowledgment slip or the 14-digit URN number, according to UIDAI. While using the call service, the URN number is required, whereas when sending an e-mail, both the acknowledgment slip and the URN number are required. To validate your Aadhaar status, you'll need an EID (Enrolment ID), according to the UIDAI. The EID is listed on the top of the enrolment/update acknowledgment slip and includes the 14-digit enrolment number as well as the 14-digit enrolment date and time. Your Enrolment ID is made up of these 28 digits (EID).
How to check Aadhaar card status online?
- Visit https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar and enter your 14-digit EID (Enrolment ID)
- Now enter the 'Captcha Code' and click on 'Check Status'
- You can click on 'Download Aadhaar' to download the e-Aadhaar.
- If you want to get your Aadhaar card on your mobile, select the 'Get Aadhaar on Mobile' option.
- The status will be displayed on your device screen or sent to your registered mobile number once it has been processed.
- You can also follow the below covered alternative ways to check your Aadhaar card status online.
How to check Aadhaar card status without EID?
You must first get your enrolment number at https://resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid and then verify your status using the steps below:
- Visit https://resident.uidai.gov.in/lost-uideid to retrieve your Aadhaar enrolment number.
- Now enter the required details such as your name, email address, mobile number and security code to generate OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Now enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click on 'Verify OTP'
- Your Enrolment number/Aadhaar will be sent to your registered mobile number and email address following authentication. The individual can verify the status of Aadhaar using this enrolment number.
Steps to check Aadhaar card status using URN
An individual receives a 14-digit number known as the Update Request Number (URN) when he or she successfully submits an address change request. The individual gets this number on his or her registered mobile number via SMS, which can be used to track the status of address update request.
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus and enter your Aadhaar number and URN (Update Request Number).
- Now enter the 'Captcha Code' and click on 'Check Status'.
- You can now track the status of your Aadhaar update request.
Steps to check Aadhaar card status by SMS
Follow the steps below to verify the status of your Aadhaar Card via SMS:
Type "UID STATUS" and send it to 51969 from your registered mobile number.
The individual receives an SMS carrying the Aadhaar number if the Aadhaar has been generated. If this is not the case, an SMS with the existing Aadhaar status is sent to the holder.