Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is an attractive housing initiative initiated by the Indian government. It was introduced on June 25, 2015, offers strategic support to government agencies by States / Union Territories (UTs) and Central Nodal Agencies (CNAs) to provide accommodation for all qualifying families / beneficiaries against approximately 1.12 cr verified housing demand. The program is for the advantage of the urban and rural economically poorer communities, lower-income classes. It plans to build 20 million dwellings by the end of the 2021-22 financial year.
PMAY (U) has rendered an obligatory norm for the female head of the household to be the proprietor or co-owner of the house under this project to continue the initiatives of the government to enrich women from EWS and LIG, unlike previous schemes. It also provides home loan interest subsidies to qualifying individuals belonging to the economically marginalized, low-income, and mid-income categories. The initiative is divided into two main categories, PMAY Urban (PMAY-U) and PMAY Gramin (PMAY-G), respectively, that support both the urban and rural community.
- The beneficiary family must not have a pucca house in any part of India, either in its name or on behalf of some member of its family.
- The beneficiary family must not have acquired central resources from the Indian / State Government in any housing scheme.
- No PMAY-CLSS subsidy from each of the primary lending institutions should have been utilized by the beneficiary family.
- All Statutory Towns according to the 2011 census and subsequently confirmed towns will be qualified for Mission exposure.
- If the primary purpose for making use of a home loan is to renovate or expand an already existing house, the stated work must be done within 36 months of acquiring the first installment of the loan.
- Proof of address: Aadhaar card, voter id card, utility bills, rent agreement, life insurance plan, residence address certificate, bank account statements, property tax receipts.
- Proof of identity: Aadhaar card, PAN card, voters' ID, Driving Licence or any Photo-identity card issued by a government authority.
- Proof of income: Bank account statement of the last 6 months and last 2 months salary slip and ITR or latest Form 16.
Online process to apply for PMAY
- Visit pmaymis.gov.in and go to the 'Citizen Assessment' under the main menu and select your category type
- Now you will be redirected to a new page where you have to verify your Aadhaar details
- Now fill out the online PMAY application by submitting all the required details correctly
- Now enter the captcha code on the required field, verify your details and submit
Online process for Slum Dwellers
- Visit pmaymis.gov.in and select the 'For Slum Dwellers' option under the drop-down option of 'Citizen Assessment'
- Now enter your Aadhaar details and click on 'Submit' for verification
- Now you will be redirected to the next page where you have to enter all the required specifics correctly
- Once done, enter the captcha code and click submit.
Note: By clicking on 'Track your Assessment Status' under 'Citizen Assessment' you can track the status of your application
Offline process to apply for PMAY
Application for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana can be made offline by filling out the application by visiting your nearest Common Service Centre (CSC). You may also visit any bank, non-banking financial agency, or housing finance corporation to fill out the application form. Before applying for this scheme, you must provide the documents listed in the form and confirm your eligibility.