When you're in desperate need of funds, a bank loan or a credit card aren't your only options. Debit Card EMI can come to your rescue. Swiping a credit card without control might land you serious financial problems. Banks have recently begun to provide EMIs on debit cards. This service attempts to bridge the divide by providing EMI and credit options to debit card users as well. Interested individuals must meet the eligibility requirements set forth by their banks in order to receive Debit Card EMI.
Debit Card EMIs: Things to know
- The card number and registered phone number are used to determine eligibility. As a result, while making a payment, consumers should always use the phone number registered with the bank.
- Customers are not required to have a minimum balance in their accounts in order to place an order. They must, however, verify that their accounts have sufficient funds to pay the monthly EMI.
- The minimum transaction amount for which EMIs on debit cards can be obtained varies per bank. The maximum transaction value is determined by the customer's pre-approved limit.
How to Check EMI Eligibility on Debit Card?
You can phone the bank's customer service line or send an SMS to check your EMI eligibility. You can also check online by navigating to the payments area of an e-commerce website's checkout page. You are qualified for EMI if you see it on your payment checkout page.
- Axis Bank: SMS DCEMI to 56161600
- State Bank of India: SMS DCEMI to 567676 from registered mobile number
- BOB: SMS DCEMI to 8422009988
- HDFC Bank: SMS MYHDFC to 5676712 from registered mobile number
- ICICI Bank: SMS DCEMI to 5676766
- Federal Bank: SMS DCEMI to 5676762 or give a missed call to 7812900900
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: SMS DCEMI to 5676788
What is EMI Conversion Process?
Step 1: Buy the product.
Step 2: Notify the store employee to swipe your debit card transaction in EMI mode while making the payment
Step 3: Select a preferred tenure
Approval is based on the current balance on the debit card. If the amount is greater than the available limit, your purchase will be refused.
Step 4: Sign the charge slip.
On T+3, the swiped and transacted money will be refunded to the user, and a temporary instalment account will be created based on the EMI term you specified.