The Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has agreed to keep the EPF interest rate steady for the fiscal year 2020-21 and is likely to credit 8.5 per cent EPF interest by the end of this month. The retirement fund regulatory organization is anticipated to credit Employees' Provident Fund or EPF interest for FY 2020-21 against Provident Fund contributions done by EPFO subscribers. As a result, EPFO subscribers are urged to stay updated on their PF balance as the retirement fund administrator may credit EPF interest of 8.5% on any business day before the end of this month. EPFO users can check their PF balance online and offline using the methods listed below.
Steps to check EPF balance through SMS
An EPF subscriber can check his or her PF balance through SMS any time and anywhere. By sending an SMS to 7738299899, EPF subscribers can check their PF balance instantly without compromising their comfort. All they need to do is type "EPFOHO UAN ENG" where UAN is the Universal Account Number allotted by EPFO and ENG is the language code of English. According to your mother tongue or the language you are comfortable with, you can select the code just like HIN for Hindi, MAR for Marathi, TAM for Tamil and so on. By typing the above code and sending it to 7738299899 from their mobile number registered with the EPF account, EPF subscribers can track their EPF balance in just a matter of seconds.
Check PF balance through Missed Call
To use the missed call service of EPFO make sure that you have updated KYC details and your mobile number is linked with your EPF account. These two things need to be done before checking your PF balance or using any other service provided by EPFO. An EPFO subscriber can check their EPF account balance by dialling or giving a missed call at 011-22901406. This service is free, and EPF subscribers can access it from anywhere and at any time to keep track of their PF balance.
Steps to check PF balance online
To check your EPF balance, make absolutely sure that you have an active UAN number verified and approved by your employer. You can check your PF balance online by having your active UAN number ready and following the instructions outlined below.
- Visit https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/For_Employees.php and under the drop-down menu ‘Services' click on ‘For Employees'.
- Under the ‘Services' section, click on ‘Member Passbook' and you will be redirected to the login page where you need to enter your UAN and password in order to sign in to your account.
- Once you sign in to your can check your PF balance and also access other account-related services under the dashboard.
Steps to check PF balance via UMANG app
By keeping your active UAN number handy, you can also check your PF balance by installing the UMANG app from the default app store of your mobile phone. Once you've downloaded the app, go through the steps below to access your account.
- Open the UMANG app on your mobile and search for ‘EPFO'
- Now tap on ‘View Passbook' and enter your UAN and password to sign in.
- Once you are signed in you can access your PF passbook online where you track your current PF balance.
Steps to check PF balance without UAN
In case of inactive UAN, you can also track your PF balance without UAN number. For the same follow the steps listed below:
- Visit epfindia.gov.in and click on 'Click Here to Know your EPF Balance"
- Now you will be redirected to the EPFO service page where you need to select the "Member Balance Information" option.
- Now select your state and your regional EPFO office to proceed.
- Now enter your active PF number, registered mobile number and click on ‘Submit'.
- Upon successful verification, your current or updated PF balance will be displayed on your mobile screen.