An Aadhaar comes with a 12-digit unique number provided to residents of India by the UIDAI after complying with the authentication procedure. An Aadhaar PVC card comes with security features, - for example, according to the official portal of UIDAI: Digitally signed Encrypted QR code, Hologram, Ghost image, Guilloche pattern, and so on. Users can use their Aadhaar Number/Virtual Identification Number/EID to request for an Aadhaar PVC Card. All you need to do is pay a nominal fee of Rs 50 to apply for the same. So, follow the steps below to apply for an Aadhaar PVC Card online via UIDAI portal.
Step to apply for an Aadhaar PVC Card via UIDAI
- Visit https://uidai.gov.in/ and select My Aadhaar under the homepage.
- Click on the 'Order Aadhaar PVC Card' option under the 'Get Aadhaar' tab.
- Direct link: https://residentpvc.uidai.gov.in/order-pvcreprint, on this page enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number and captcha code.
- Now click on 'Send OTP' and you will get a code on your registered mobile number.
- Authenticate the 6 digit OTP and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click on 'Submit' and pay the required amount on the next screen.
- Note: You can click on the 'My Mobile number is not registered' option if your mobile number is not registered on the database of UIDAI.
- You will get the new Aadhaar card by Speed Post within five working days, except the day of request, once you have made the payment. That being said, you can also verify the status of your Aadhaar PVC card on the official UIDAI portal once you have requested for the new Aadhaar PVC card.
How to make validation through OTP?
- You can order your Aadhaar card using your Registered/Alternate Mobile Number to get an OTP.
- The Aadhaar preview is only available to an authorized mobile number only.
- You can also use Time-Based-One-Time-Password (TOTP) via the m-Aadhaar mobile app.
- A Non-Registered Mobile Based Order does not get a preview of the Aadhaar card details.
Point to remember
- To apply for an Aadhaar PVC Card a nominal fee of Rs 50 (inclusive of GST & Speed post charges) is required.
- In order to apply for an Aadhaar PVC Card you can either use your Aadhaar Number, Virtual Identification Number or EID.
- An Aadhaar PVC card comes with safety characteristics, i.e. Hologram, Ghost image, Guilloche pattern, Digitally signed Secure QR code and so on.