LIC delivers a range of online services to streamline transactions and adapt quickly to the needs of its varied customer base. LIC's e-services grant you access to almost all of the services that were formerly only accessible in the branches. In today's, hectic world it's all too easy to forget about insurance premiums, and occasionally even the notice period goes forgotten. To prevent this, you can monitor your life insurance policies on a regular basis to keep track of potential premium payments. Previously, seeking out the status of one's LIC policy required a visit to a LIC branch office or calling an agent. Tracking the status of the policy is only a single button away, thanks to the insurer's web portal, which provides a range of services. Customers can also monitor the status of their policy or premium payment using LIC's mobile services. When contacting customer support or checking your policy status online, please ensure you have your policy number handy. By following the procedures listed below both registered customers and new customers can check their policy status online and offline.
LIC registration process for a new user online
To check the status of your LIC status online, you must first create an account on the website. Take the steps listed below for the same:
- Visit LIC's e-service portal and click on the 'New User' option
- Now duly fill the registration form and create a username and password
- For validation, an automated email will be sent to your given email-id.
- You will have the option to enter the specifics of your current policies once you have completed your registration.
- Download the form, sign it, and send it to the nearest LIC branch where one of your policies is operated after filling in the specifics of all your policies.
- You will get an acknowledgment from the branch, either in the form of an email or a printed receipt.
- Your policies will be checked and verified by the branch. You will be able to monitor the status of the policies electronically once the enrolment process has finished.
A guide to check LIC policy status online
It is essential to evaluate the status of your LIC policy on a regular basis. It will let you ensure that you've paid your insurance on or before the deadline or that your plan is still active. Take the steps below to confirm your LIC policy status online:
- Visit https://licindia.in/Home-(1)/LICOnlineServicePortal and click on 'Registered User'
- Now enter your login credentials i.e. User ID and password
- Now click on 'Policy Status' option and you'll see a chart of all the LIC policies you've registered for.
- To find out the status of any particular policy on the list, click on the policy number. You will also see other specifics about the policy, such as the upcoming premium due date, the sum assured, policy tenure, policy name, and so on.
Procedure to track LIC policy status for a new user
On the home page, there is an option to enroll for e-services. If you're a first-time customer, you'll need to complete the online registration form and create username and password. A confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address following effective registration. Click on the link of the confirmation email to get directed to a page where you can link your policy to your account. Enter the specifics of your policy, such as the policy number, premium amount, date of birth, etc, on this tab, and then click on ‘Submit'.
Steps to check LIC policy status for a registered user
By signing in to the LIC India website with the username and password, users can access details about premium payments, group plans, and more. If you are a registered customer, take the steps below to verify the status of your LIC policy:
- Visit LIC India website and under the 'Online Services' section click on 'Customer Portal'
- It will take you to the login page, where you need to click on 'Registered User'
- Now enter your username, date of birth and password and click on 'Go'
- Now select the View Enrolled Policies option from the list of options.
- Now you will be redirected to a page that outlines all the policies that you have enrolled for.
- By clicking on the policy number, you can now track the status of your policy.
Procedure to check LIC status offline
Customers can verify their policy details without signing in to the LIC website using the SMS and Voice Call service. So, even though you aren't registered with the portal, you can still monitor the status of your policies using the LIC's call and SMS services. This implies that you do not lose out on any essential updates if you do not have access to the internet.
Type ASKLIC followed by the policy number and send it to 56767877 or 9222492224 from your registered mobile number to get the status of your policy via SMS. Refer below for the SMS codes:
To get an update for installment premium: ASKLIC PREMIUM
To get an update on the bonus amount: ASKLIC BONUS
To get an update for revival amount: ASKLIC REVIVAL
To get an update on the available loan amount: ASKLIC LOAN
To enquire the status for nomination specifics: ASKLIC NOM
SMS Codes to check LIC pension policy status
To check the LIC pension policy status type the SMS code given below and send it to 56767877 from your registered mobile number:
To check IPP policy status: ASKLIC STAT
To verify the existence certificate due: ASKLIC ECDUE
To check the last annuity release date: ASKLIC ANNPD
To check the annuity amount: ASKLIC AMOUNT
To get cheque return information: ASKLIC CHQRET
Via calling customer care
Customers can also get instant updates about their insurance policies through the LIC's IVRS service, which is available 24x7x365. You can use the service to look up all policy-related information by merely entering their policy number. You can contact the LIC helpline numbers listed below for voice assistance service:
For MTNL and BSNL users: 12151
For other landline and mobile users: Dial city code followed by 12151
Zone wise customer care number
Users can also contact the zonal or regional offices for any policy-related concerns. Central Zone, Eastern Zone, East Central Zone, Northern Zone, North Central Zone, Southern Zone, South-Central Zone, and Western Zone are the eight regions that these regional offices are classified into. Below are the customer service numbers for all the LIC customer support centres that fall under the above zones.
|Kottayam||0481-2580121 / 0481-2580102|
|Mumbai-1||022-22028225 / 022-66599066|
|Mumbai-2||022-24010375 / 022-30492020|
|Thane||022-25829702 / 022-25827728|