It is now like a ritual to provide Aadhaar number for any identity proof. Be it for a gas connection or any banking transactions we always have our aadhaar handy and ready. But do we know how many times our aadhaar has been used for verification or for any monetary transactions?
You can check your Aadhaar authentication history by visiting UIDAI's website. You can verify that all activities relevant to Aadhar are initiated by you and no one else has sought Aadhaar authentication on your behalf by this form.
Aadhaar number holder may access details of all authentication records performed by, or by, any Authentication User Agency (AUA) in the last 6 months. However, a limit of 50 documents can be accessed at one point in time.
What are the details we can get from the Aadhaar Authentication history?
UIDAI logs the transaction in its ledger if you invoke Aadhaar to use a program. In the Aadhaar Authentication history, the resident will get the following details against any authentication performed by residents.
1. Auth Modality.
2. Date & Time of Authentication.
3. UIDAI Response code.
4. AUA Name
5. AUA Transaction ID (With Code)
6. Authentication Response (Success/Failure)
7. UIDAI Error code
UIDAI offers verification facilities with a range of modes, such as demographic, biometric (fingerprint or iris), or One Time Password (OTP). Auth Modality displays the authentication mode used to execute the unique authentication transaction.
How to Check Your Aadhaar Authentication History Online?
The number of times your Aadhaar card has been used can be easily identified. The data are available on the official UIDAI website.
Step 1 Visit UIDAI's official website https://uidai.gov.in/
Step 2 Select the "Aadhaar Authentication History" option.
Step 3 Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and security code
Step 4. Click on the "Generate OTP" button.
Step 5 OTP generated will be sent to your registered mobile number
Step 6 Now select the Authentication Type, date range, number of records, and the OTP.
Step 7 Now click on the "Submit" button.
Check details of all Aadhaar authentication transactions.
What is the Password to view Aadhaar Authentication Page?
The report is password protected and can be opened easily using the below-mentioned details. The password depends on your name and date of birth. The first 4 letters of the name in CAPITAL are paired with the year of birth (YYYY) as the password.
Year of Birth: 1993
Year of Birth: 1990
Things to consider
- If any authentication transaction mentioned is not carried out by you, then contact the Authentication User Agency (AUA) for further information.
- The failed Aadhaar authentication transactions and the reason for their failure are included in the list.
- A relevant error code is assigned for any failed authentication transaction logs, please search the error code number information for that failed authentication transaction.
- You can only use the Aadhaar authentication history when your mobile number is paired with Aadhaar.
- To distinguish the transactions, UIDAI produces a unique code and sends the same to the Authentication User Agency (AUA) along with the response.