Every central government pensioner is mandated to submit a life certificate every year in November in order to keep their pension effective. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Central Government pensioners have been given an extended time limit until December to submit their life certificate online or in person at a bank. Recently on 1st December 2021, the deadline for central government pensioners to submit a life certificate has been extended by the Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare (DoPPW) till 31st December 2021. In order to continue to get their due pension through Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs) such as the banks, the post offices, etc, pensioners are required to generate and submit their life certificate online or offline by visiting Citizen Service Centre (CSC), the Government Office /Banks designated for generating the Digital Life Certificates (DLCs).
However, for the convenience of the pensioners, in November 2021 the DoPPW, NIC-Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology and the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) had joined hands to bring to the pensioners a face-recognition facility based on UIDAI Aadhaar Mobile App for online submission of life certificate. Here, we will go through a step-by-step tutorial for generating and submitting digital life certificate through face-recognition technology.
Steps To Generate Digital Life Certificate Using The Newly Launched Face Recognition Technology
By following the steps below, central government pensioners can enhance their convenience of submitting digital life certificate through a face-recognition facility based on the UIDAI Aadhaar Mobile Application.
- Download the AadhaarFaceRD app from Google Play Store and once the Rd service is installed successfully, it will be visible in the settings.
- Now download Jeevan Pramaan Face Application from https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/package/download and click on Client Installation Document for Android Face App.
- Now provide the required information and you will get an installation link on your registered mail address. Click on the link and the file gets downloaded in the 'Download' section.
- Click on the file to install the app and post-installation open the app and grant all the required permissions.
- Now a 'Operator Authentication' screen will appear where you need to provide your Aadhaar or Virtual ID details along with your mobile number and email address.
- Click on 'Submit' and enter the OTP received on your given mobile number.
- Now scan your face as an operator and on being successful face recognition a pop-up message will appear on the screen saying "Client Registration Successfull."
- Pensioners should note that the operator authentication is a one-time process and they can also be the operator to generate DLC of multiple pensioners. Post operator authentication, a screen will appear for pensioner authentication.
- Now enter all the details such as full name as in Aadhaar, type of pension, sanctioning authority, PPO number, pension account number and accept the self-declaration and terms and conditions.
- Now accept the confirmation message that appear on the app and scan your face for a live photograph.
- Accept the 'Guide Face Authentication' checkbox and click on 'Proceed'.
- While conducting face authentication, keep your face straight and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Upon successful face recognition, a DLC submission message will appear on the screen along with your Pramaan ID and PPO number.
How to submit a Digital Life Certificate through face recognition?
The central government pensioners can also submit Jeevan Pramaan (Life Certificate) through face recognition technology. They can experience the convenience of submitting a life certificate from the comfort of their home. All they need is an Android smartphone and an active internet connection. By submitting a Digital Life Certificate through face recognition technology they can enjoy a range of benefits such as no dependence on any external device, no more physical visits to the bank and no more worries if finger biometrics are non-capturable.
For submitting a life certificate using this newly launched facility, a pensioner only have to go through some basic requirements such as an Android mobile (version 7.0 or above), internet connection, Aadhaar number registered with Pension Disbursing Authority (Bank, Post Office or others) and camera resolution of the Android Smartphone should be 5 mp or more. The process for submitting DLC using face recognition technology is described below.
Steps to submit Digital Life Certificate through face recognition technology
- Download the AadhaarFaceRD app from Google Play Store and once the Rd service is installed successfully, it will be visible in the Settings >> App Info.
- Now download Jeevan Pramaan Face Application from https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/package/download and install the app from the file downloads.
- Now grant the necessary permissions and conduct the operator authentication process.
- Now scan the face of the operator (this is a one-time process and pensioners can be the operator as well).
- The mobile device is now ready for Pensioner Authentication and DLC generation.
- Enter all the pensioner details and scan a live photograph of the pensioner. (Note: Capture frontal pose with neutral expression using proper lighting).
- Now submit the required details and you will get a successful message on your mobile number given during Pensioner Authentication.
Benefits, Requirements and Process of generating Digital Life Certificate (Jeevan Pramaan) through Face Recognition Service based on UIDAI Aadhaar software. @DrJitendraSingh @PIB_India @mygovindia #DLC #JeevanPramaan #LifeCertificate #Aadhaar pic.twitter.com/Lv3R0XTMWC— D/o Pension & Pensioners' Welfare , GoI (@DOPPW_India) November 30, 2021