Technology has been the biggest enabler in the 21st century and even more so in the pandemic time when everything from school to buying groceries is happening through the online route. While at one point in time to reduce the overload of banking personnel, machines like ATM were launched, to further make it easier and convenient for its customers, banks have been come up with ways where you can now withdraw funds at any time without the need of an ATM or debit card. This facility available at banks is referred to as Cardless withdrawal at ATMs.
This is true of even your beneficiaries who can get cash from the ATM with just a mobile number.
How you can use the Cardless Cash feature with HDFC Bank?
Before initiating the request for the service you need to add the beneficiary:
• Login to HDFC Bank NetBanking >> Funds Transfer >> Request
• Click on Add a beneficiary >>Cardless Cash Withdrawal
• Enter the beneficiary details, click 'Add' and 'Continue'
• Reconfirm the details and click on 'Confirm'
• Enter OTP (One-time Password) received on your mobile number to complete
For security reasons, the beneficiary will be activated after a period of 30 minutes.
Request for cardless cash withdrawal through HDFC Bank NetBanking
• Login to HDFC Bank NetBanking >> Funds Transfer
• Click on 'Cardless Cash Withdrawal'
• Select 'Debit Account and beneficiary details' and click 'Continue'.
• Check the beneficiary details and enter the amount to be transferred.
• Enter the OTP (One-time Password) received on your registered mobile number to generate the request successfully.
Remember a successfully placed cardless cash withdrawal request will be valid for a period of 24 hours from the time of the request. After expiry of 24 hours, the request will be reversed.
Cash withdrawal from HDFC bank ATM by the beneficiary
After the request is authenticated, the person entitled or eligible to receive funds via cardless withdrawal will be in receipt a 4-digit One Time Password (OTP) and a 9-digit order ID via SMS.
The beneficiary must visit an HDFC Bank ATM and select the 'Cardless Cash' option displayed on the screen. Then, enter details such as OTP, beneficiary mobile number, 9-digit order ID, and the transaction amount. As and when the above details are validated, the cash will be disbursed by ATM.
Limit for cardless withdrawal
In respect of a beneficiary a minimum of cardless withdrawal request for Rs. 100 and up till Rs. 10,000 on a per day basis can be placed. On a monthly basis, the same limit goes to as high as Rs. 25,000 per beneficiary.
What are the benefits of cardless cash withdrawal?
This method is both easy and convenient and there is no risk involved of losing your ATM or debit card, in case of which you need to follow up with your bank and get your card blocked for preventing any loss of money for you. The facility can be used by even those without a account say in case you wish to transfer money to your child who do not maintain an account, this can be the simplest way to do money transfer.