To keep receiving a government pension from Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs) such as the banks, the post offices, etc., retired personnel above the age of 60 and family pensioners must submit their digital life certificate between November 1 and November 30 annually. This means that the life certificate must be submitted by November 30. On 20th September the Department of Pension and Pensioners' Welfare (DoPPW) released a circular and clarified that a central government pensioner can submit his or her Digital Life Certificate manually or digitally. Pensioners can submit a Life Certificate online from their comfort through Jeevan Pramaan Portal.
They can also submit their life certificate through the Doorstep Service launched by the India Post Payments Bank of the Department of Posts. For this service, a pensioner can download "Postinfo App" and submit their life certificate at his or her doorstep through a postman. However, for more convenience for the pensioners, the country's largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) has recently launched its new initiative where pensioners can submit their life certificate just through a simple video call.
According to a Tweet published on 25th November 2021, SBI has said that "It only takes a video call! Here's a good news for our pensioner customers. Now you can submit your Life Certificate through our #VideoLifeCertificate service from the comfort of your space."
It only takes a video call! Here’s a good news for our pensioner customers. Now you can submit your Life Certificate through our #VideoLifeCertificate service from the comfort of your space. #SBI #Pensioner #AzadiKaAmritMahotsav #AmritMahotsav #AzadiKaAmritMahotsavWithSBI pic.twitter.com/rnF7L6UGDl— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) November 25, 2021
Steps to submit life certificate through a video call
SBI says submission of life certificates through a video call is easy, secure, quick, paperless and free. Hence, follow these steps to submit your life certificate through a simple video call.
- Visit the SBI Pension Seva website (pensionseva.sbi) and click on 'Video LC' to initiate the Video Life Certificate (VLC) process.
- Now enter your SBI Pension Account Number and enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Now read and accept the 'Terms & Conditions' and click on 'Start Journey'.
- Now you need to keep your original PAN Card ready and click on 'I am ready'.
- Now grant permission to start the video call process and your interaction will begin as soon as an SBI official is available. You can also schedule your video call interaction to submit your life certificate according to your convenience.
- Once an SBI Official accepts your video call process you will be required to read out the 4-digit verification code displayed on your screen.
- Now show your PAN Card to let it be captured by the official and then the official will capture your picture.
- Now your video life certificate process is complete and in case of rejection due to any cause you will get an SMS from the bank on your registered mobile number.