The Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has already introduced numerous online facilities for active members to administer their EPF accounts. If you transfer your job, you must also transfer your EPF account from your current or previous employer to the new one. Transferring an EPF account to a new employer is important in the event of a job change because the contribution from the previous employer and interest earned are taxable on withdrawal if you were employed in the previous organization for less than 5 years. As a result, EPFO has published a video Tweet outlining six easy procedures for transferring an EPF account online. Now, let's go through how PF members can transfer their PF account online by signing in to the EPFO portal or EPFO member portal.
Prerequisites of EPF Account Transfer
- To file an Online Transfer Claim Application, an EPF member must be registered on the EPFO Member Portal.
- An EPF member should first check his or her eligibility to file the Transfer Claim Online, since there are certain basic requirements for filing the Transfer Claim Application online, such as the availability of member IDs in the EPFO database and the registration of digital signatures of the employer's authorised signatories. To check their eligibility, employees can visit www.epfindia.gov.in and go through For Employees > Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP) > Check eligibility to file Online Transfer Claim on the portal.
- For the advantage of EPF members, the portal contains a thorough process for registering on the Member Portal and making an online claim. Prior to completing the Online Claim Application, the member must follow the entire procedure.
- The member can have his or her claim form attested by either his or her current or former employer. Furthermore, if the current organization is exempted under Section 17 of the EPF Act, the member must file his claim through the current employer since the Bank Account No. and IFS Code of the exempted trust are necessary for the transfer of P.F. accumulations to the Trust's bank account.
- If the old PF account was maintained by the PF Trust of the exempted establishment, the member must submit a physical Transfer Claim Form (Form 13) to the Trust in addition to submitting an Online Transfer Claim Form (Form 13) to the PF Office for transferring the employment details under the Pension Fund to the new account. In such a situation, the physical Transfer Claim Form (Form 13) submitted to the Trust would be open to print the details furnished by the member while submitting an online claim on the Portal.
- The member must take a printout of the filed online claim application, sign it, and submit it to the former or current employer, based on the preference selected by the member while filing the online claim application.
Steps to transfer EPF account online
- Visit Unified Member Portal and login with UAN and Password.
- Go to 'Online Services' & click 'One Member One EPF Account (Transfer Request)'.
- Verify 'Personal Information' and 'PF Account' for present employment.
- Click 'Get Details', PF account details of previous employment would appear.
- Choose either 'Previous Employer' or 'Present Employer' for attesting form.
- Click 'Get OTP' to receive OTP on a UAN registered mobile number. Enter 'OTP' and click 'Submit'.
Steps to check the status of EPF transfer application
- Visit https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and sign in to your online EPF account by entering your UAN and password.
- Once you're logged in, go to the 'Online Services' section and click on 'Track Claim Status'.
- On the next page click on 'Transfer Claim Status'.
- The ongoing or effective status of your PF account transfer claim would appear on your device screen.
How to transfer EPF online#EPFO #EPF #PF #SocialSecurity #Employees@byadavbjp @Rameswar_Teli @PMOIndia @PIB_India @PIBHindi @MIB_India @DDNewslive @airnewsalerts @mygovindia @PTI_News pic.twitter.com/Cwv1El7jS7— EPFO (@socialepfo) October 15, 2021