The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) offers a prepaid card named 'IMudra' and a free, safe e-wallet service. IRCTC iMudra provides convenient access to your wallet through a mobile app, tablet, and desktop. Digital and physical cards are included in your IRCTC iMudra digital wallet. So, whether you're buying anything online or offline, you can use a digital or virtual card to make a payment. It is a multipurpose wallet that can be used to book hotels, retail shopping, movie tickets, and dining.
How to Register IRCTC iMudra wallet?
The IRCTC iMudra registration process is simple and quick. The iMudra wallet can be used to create an account via the mobile app or the official website. Follow the steps to register for the IRCTC iMudra app:
Step 1: Download the IRCTC iMUdra app
Step 2: Open the app and click on "Create Account"
Step 3: Enter details such as your mobile number, your email id
Step 4: Create a strong password
Step 4: Click on the "Create Account" option.
Step 6: Verify the OTP that you received on your number.
How to complete IRCTC iMudra wallet KYC?
Download the app, register yourself and upload the documents to create an account. Full KYC option will be available on IndusInd bank:
Steps to do Full KYC on the app
Step 1: Once you enter minimum KYC information
Step 2: Click on the Full KYC button
Step 3: Enter your PAN details and upload an image
Step 4: Enter your Aadhaar number in the app
4. For the next step, you'll be asked to take a selfie and blink 3 times.
Post validation, your KYC status will be upgraded to Full KYC.
If you have completed the full KYC process, it increases your wallet's monthly limit to Rs 1,00,000. For individuals with minimum KYC, the monthly wallet limit is Rs 10,000.
How to Add Money in IRCTC iMudra Wallet?
In order to add money to your IRCTC iMudra wallet,
Step 1: Click on the "Add Money" option.
Step 2: Enter the amount, and proceed to load your wallet
Step 3: Confirm the transaction
Note that depending on the payment instrument/amount chosen, IRCTC can add a convenience fee to the total amount.
You may top up your IRCTC iMudra wallet through either of the following channels:
How to use the iMudra wallet of IRCTC for train booking?
Follow the simple below steps to use the iMudra wallet of IRCTC for train booking:
Step 1: Book your ticket on the IRCTC website or app
Step 2: Underpayment option, select iPay.
Step 3: Now choose iMudra and key in your mobile number
Step 4: Enter the OTP generated via iMudra
Step 5: Confirm your train ticket booking.
What is Easy OTP? How can I use it?
Easy OTP is a 6-digit one-time password that allows you to book train tickets much more easily than conventional methods. Go to your iMudra app and select Easy OTP.
Create the OTP and keep it handy for IRCTC ticket booking. Choose the iMudra option under iPay to make your payment and enter the OTP created in the app during the ticket booking process.
Important Things to Know About IRCTC iMudra Wallet
- In case of fraud, please contact Customer Care at +91 7556610661.
- iMudra VISA card can only be used to make transactions in Indian currency on Indian websites.
- Create your first VISA-powered digital card and link it to your wallet. Load up your wallet with money and use your digital card to pay for your favourite shopping, food delivery, travel, entertainment, gaming, and other 100+ apps.
- IRCTC physical card, will be linked to your wallet and driven by VISA and RuPay. Fill up your wallet and pay with a physical card at offline stores.
- When booking your ticket, skip the line by not waiting for the OTP confirmation.
- With an active iMudra wallet, you can send money to any mobile number in the country and receive money from your contacts at any time.
- The iMudra card from the IRCTC is a prepaid card. However, you can use your iMudra card to transact online by selecting Credit Card on the payment list.
- For the physical card, the user is charged Rs. 200 and Rs. 10 for the virtual one.