Amid a pandemic that requires people to maintain sufficient distance from one another, the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has rolled-out an online claims facility. The online facility will allow death claim registration, request for maturity and survival dues, annuity registration and existence certificate submission, policy revival after it lapses as well as NEFT mandates.
The portal also permits the online submission of supporting documents rather than having to submit the documents physically to a LIC branch. This comes after the government-owned insurer lad launched an e-mail facility to its customers till 30 June for claim settlement purposes.
The online facility also comes handy if LIC has terminated the services of your life insurance agent, leaving you to make claims on your own or seek help from a development officer or branch.
Claims that can be made online
- Death, survival benefit and maturity claims
- Revival of policies and annuity plan procedures, including existence certificate
- Aadhaar seeding
How to make LIC claims or use other LIC services online?
To use the online e-services portal, a customer is required to register as a user. Before you register, keep the following ready:
- Policy numbers
- Instalment premiums under these policies (without service tax/GST)
- Scanned image of PAN Card or Passport, with file size less than 100 KB. The scanned image should be preferably in .jpg or .jpeg format. Images in .bmp, .png, .gif and .tiff formats can also be uploaded.
How to register on LIC portal?
- Visit www.licindia.in
- Click on "Customer Portal" on the left-hand side under "Online Services" options.
- Click on "New user" on the new page.
- Select your own user-ID and password and provide all the necessary information.
- For availing e-Services, click on the tab "e-Services", log in with the user-ID created and register your policies for availing the e-services by filling up the form provided. Print the form, sign it and upload the scanned image of the form.
- Upload the scanned image of PAN Card or Aadhaar Card or Passport.
- After KYC verification by LIC, an acknowledgement e-mail and SMS will be sent to you.
- Click on "Submit."
- On the landing page, you will be required to choose the user ID and password of your choice and submit.
- Login through this newly created user ID and click on the option of 'Basic Services'?"Add Policy"
- Enrol all your remaining policies
Registration Process for Premier Services
- Login into www.licindia.in using user ID and password (from steps above).
- Fill up the registration form for Premier Services.
- After becoming a registered user on the LIC portal, your basic details like mobile number, date of birth, etc as well as policy numbers enrolled will be automatically fed into the registration form. Note that for a spouse's life insurance policy, separate registration will be required to be done by him/her.
- Provide PAN/Passport details.
- Click on Print/Save form and print the registration form.
- Check the details of the registration form and sign it.
- Create a scanned image of the signed form and any one of the KYC documents (PAN or Passport). The file size of the scanned image should be maximum 100 KB and should be in .bmp, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif or .tiff format.
- Upload the scanned image of the registration form and supporting documents in the space provided.
- Submit the request.
- An acknowledgement SMS and e-mail will be sent to the mobile/e-mail id provided in the registration form.
- The request will be sent to LIC's customer zone official within 3 working days from the date of registration. On completion, an acknowledgement e-mail and SMS reading "Now you are ready to avail our Premier Services," will be sent to you.
On registration, you can log in and select the type of claim you wish to make and fill the requisite form accordingly.
For death claims, the nominee will be required to submit the following documents:
- Claim Form 'A' in Form No. 3783. (Print, sign and scan)
- Death certificate
- LIC Policy document (original)
- Deed of assignment (if any)