There is a possibility that you may end up losing your Aadhaar Card and find it difficult to retrieve. You need not worry any longer. You can get a duplicate copy of Aadhar Card from the official website of UIDAI simply by giving the 12-digit enrolment number or UID specified under the acknowledgement slip given at the time of enrolment for Aadhaar card.
It is worth noting that the duplicate card will carry the same card number and other details that were specified on the original card. Aadhaar is a vital document and required for many official purposes like obtaining advantages of government schemes, obtaining a PAN card, and filing your income tax returns, securing your driver license, opening a bank account, and booking travel tickets, among others.
According to the twitter handle of Aadhaar, you just need to order Aadhaar Reprint from resident.uidai.gov.in/order-reprint by making a nominal payment of Rs 50. The payment has to be made online. You will get a reprinted copy of your Aadhaar card delivered to your address in just 15 days through Speed Post. Here is the tweet:
Follow the steps below to obtain the duplicate copy of your lost Aadhaar card:
1. You need to visit the official web page of UIDAI
2. Now you need to click "Order Aadhaar Reprint" option
3. You will be asked to fill your Aadhaar Number or Enrollment ID
4. Fill the code seen on the screen and click on "Get OTP" option
5. You will get an OTP to your registered mobile number or email address
6. Fill the OTP you receive on your registered mobile number and click on "Verify OTP" option
7. You will be redirected to the payment page where you need to make payment of Rs 50
8. After making payment, you will receive the reprinted copy of your Aadhaar card in just 15 days through speed post.