For those who have retired, this is one of the most useful resources. It will not only save time, but it also means that an uncomfortable work is done in a matter of minutes. Generating a Jeevan Praman Patra ID is a one-time operation. Once the ID is generated, the Life Certificate can be submitted online at jeevanpramaan.gov.in. For most retired workers, pensions are the single most important source of income. After retirement, central and state government employees also receive a monthly pension. However, in order to continue to earn a pension in his or her bank account, a beneficiary has to have a life certificate or Jeevan Pramaan Patra every year in the month of November. At present, it can be a difficult process for senior citizens or ailing pensioners to reach the bank every year in order to submit a life certificate. However, the government has come up with an alternative and has launched the Digital Life Certificate or Jeevan Pramaan. Considering this relief a retired government employee can generate Jeevan Pramaan Patra ID by visiting Jeevan Pramaan website i.e. jeevanpramaan.gov.in.
Jeevan Pramaan is a Digital Life Certificate for Central government, State Government and other government institution retirees which is biometric-enabled where they can create and share it with Pension Disbursing Agencies (PDAs). Through accessing the Jeevan Pramaan portal or installing the Jeevan Pramaan app on their smartphones, the Government of India has create a window for pensioners to create a Jeevan Pramaan ID using Aadhaar-based biometric authentication. The first and important step that a former government employee needs is to sign up with Jeevan Pramaan. To register with Jeevan Pramaan, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Open the Jeevan Pramaan app in your mobile and tap on the 'New Generation' option
- Now enter all the required and mandated details such as Aadhaar number, Pension Payment Order, Bank Account, Bank name and your mobile number.
- Now click on 'Send OTP' option in order to generate an OTP on your mobile number
- Enter the OTP on the required space and authenticate your details through biometric verification (fingerprint or iris scan) using Aadhaar.
- Click on 'Submit' and your details will be validated by UIDAI
- Once your entered details are verified a Pramaan ID will be generated and hence your registration process will be successful.
This Pramaan ID can be used by retired employees by logging into their Jeevan Pramaan account through accessing / visiting jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal in order to generate the Life Certificate or Jeevan Pramaan Patra online. For former government employees, here is a step-by-step guide for generating Jeevan Pramaan ID online:
- Open the Jeevan Pramaan app in your mobile and sign in to your account using the required credentials i.e. Pramaan ID and OTP;
- Now select 'Generate Jeevan Pramaan' option and enter your Aadhaar number and mobile number
- Now click on 'Generate OTP' in order to generate an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Now enter the OTP on the required space and enter all the required specifics i.e. PPO Number, Name, name of the disbursing agency etc.;
- Now select 'No Objection' option and scan your fingerprint/iris and then your biometric input will authenticated using the Aadhaar data;
- After the successful authentication the Jeevan Pramaan will be displayed on your device screen.
- Additionally, you also get a message on your registered mobile number containing the Jeevan Pramaan ID.
Note: The generation of the Jeevan Pramaan Patra ID is a one-time procedure, while online submission of the Life Certificate or Jeevan Pramaan Patra must be finished before 30 November every year. Jeevan Pramaan Patra ID allows a government pensioner to submit a Life Certificate or Jeevan Pramaan Patra online by visiting or accessing jeevanpramaan.gov.in portal.