For some a few years, booking train tickets from the convenience of one's comfort has been in hot demand. The Indian Railway Tourism and Catering Corporation (IRCTC) has unveiled its own payment aggregator system named IRCTC iPay in order to bring to the online payment comfort of passengers who use online travel-related facilities. It is claimed that iPay is customer-friendly, convenient to use, faster and stable. There are different payment methods, such as credit card, debit card, overseas card and the prominent UPI (Unified Payment Interface). Compared to what one usually makes payment on their banks' payment gateways, the current payment interface is designed to save the valuable time of the passengers.
As per the corporation, IRCTC iPay, the official digital payment portal, intends to support railway passengers who use online travel-related facilities via the official IRCTC website with enhanced online digital payment usability. Due to its direct partnership with banks, card networks and other partners, the newly introduced IRCTC iPay payment system will be completely operated by the IRCTC. It is also assumed that the IRCTC prepaid card-cum-wallet alternative and auto debit will be implemented shortly. It also seeks to reduce the bank discrepancy to eliminate occurrences of payment error while reserving tickets. The IRCTC will be authorized to notify the bank directly for settlement if an online transaction fails. Railway travelers do not need any third-party networks for this digital payment portal, as the IRCTC iPay offers multiple payment methods. Back-end support will be offered by MMAD communications to run the IRCTC iPay. IRCTC's technology associate is MMAD communications, which is a Delhi-based firm. The latest IRCTC iPay is a government-owned project and IRCTC is seeing a huge opportunity in government entities for this payment mechanism, where the organization feels it will be a perfect match. To book your train ticket through iPAY follow the procedure covered below:
Steps to book train ticket through iPAY
- Visit www.irctc.co.in and enter your travel details.
- Now select the train as per your convenience and accept the health advisory alert.
- Now sign in to your IRCTC account using the required credentials and enter the passenger details.
- Select the payment mode and click on 'Continue'
- Under the payment methods section select the IRCTC iPay option and click on 'Pay & Book'
- Now specify your credit card/ debit card or UPI specifics and click on 'Pay'
- Your ticket will be booked immediately once you agree to pay through your respective payment method. An SMS and an email will be sent to your registered mobile number / email ID, respectively. For all their future train bookings, IRCTC users can allow these payment directions.