Aadhaar is a proof of identity where a 12-digit identification number acts as a unique ID or number provided by the UIDAI to all Indian citizens. You can update your Aadhaar with a valid Date of Birth (DoB) Proof that includes your name. If you have an Aadhaar card with an incorrect Date of Birth, you must change it immediately for complete KYC proof. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has stated that the electronic Aadhaar update service or request of the UIDAI can be used to modify the date of birth in an Aadhaar Card. An individual having an incorrect date of birth in his or her Aadhaar Card can visit the direct link - ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/login.html for updating the DoB details online. Cover the steps listed below to update your date of birth on your Aadhaar Card online.
Documents required to update date of birth in Aadhaar Card
According to UIDAI, the required documents for updating the date of birth in Aadhaar card are as follows:
- Birth Certificate
- SSLC Book/ Certificate
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- A certificate (on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update) or ID Card having photo and Date of Birth (DOB) duly signed and issued by a Government authority.
- Photo ID card having Date of Birth, issued by Recognized Educational Institution.
- PAN Card
- Marksheet issued by any Government Board or University.
- Government Photo ID Card/ Photo Identity Card issued by PSU containing DOB.
- Central/ State Pension Payment Order.
- Central Government Health Service Scheme Photo Card or Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photocard.
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/ School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing Name and Date of Birth Extract of School Records issued by Head of School containing Name, Date of Birth and Photograph Certificate of Identity containing Name, DOB and Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
- Certificate of identity containing Name, DOB and Photograph issued by Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
Steps to change the date of birth in Aadhaar card online
Regarding the update of date of birth in Aadhaar Card, UIDAI on its Twitter handle stated today that "Update your DoB online through the following link - https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/, upload the scanned copy of your original document and apply. To see the list of supportive documents, click https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf." To update your Aadhaar card online with the correct date of birth, follow the steps below:
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ and click on ‘Proceed To Update Aadhaar'
- Now under the ‘Update Aadhaar Online' enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and captcha code.
- Now click on ‘Send OTP' and you will get an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- Enter the 6-digit One-Time Password sent to your registered number and click on ‘Login'
- On the next page, your Aadhaar details will appear, where you need to select your date of birth to change it.
- Now upload the scanned copy of supportive documents as discussed above and click on ‘Submit'.
- Upon successful verification, your date of birth in the Aadhaar card will be changed successfully, and you will get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
Charges applicable to change the date of birth in Aadhaar Card online
You must pay Rs 50 (including taxes) to the respective service operator for each update of your Aadhaar card date of birth or any other details. You can also check the fees at https://uidai.gov.in/images/akr policy on pricing.pdf. Except for children under the age of five, an Aadhaar holder can only seek a change of date of birth on the Aadhaar Card. The modification of the date of birth on an Aadhaar card may take up to 90 days from the day the request is made. If your request is denied, you can call 1947 (toll-free) or send an email to email@example.com.
#AadhaarOnlineServices— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) June 16, 2021
Update your DoB online through the following link - https://t.co/II1O6Pnk60, upload the scanned copy of your original document and apply. To see the list of supportive documents, click https://t.co/BeqUA0pkqL #UpdateDoBOnline #UpdateOnline pic.twitter.com/QPumjl6iFr