1967 - The Company was Incorporated on 22nd June, at Goa.
- The Company's object is to manufacture calcine, refine, process
and deal in raw and calcined petroleum coke and other by-products
and to utilise the waste gases for industrial uses.
1971 - 1,98,500 No. of equity shares issued to promoters, directors,
etc. their associates including 74,925 No. of equity shares to
India Carbon Ltd.
1972 - On 24th November, the Company entered into a collaboration
agreement with India Carbon Ltd., for the construction and
establishment of a plant for the manufacture of calcined
1973 - The Company also entered into a technical services agreement with
India Carbon Ltd., on 19th September.
- During November, 4,50,000 No. of equity and 25,000 pref. shares
issued to the public. Pref. shares redeemable during
1980 - 4,00,000 No. of equity shares allotted to V.S. Dempo & Co. Pvt.
Ltd. upon conversion of unsecured loan given by them.
1982 - A technical collaboration agreement was signed with Alcan
International Ltd., Canada for introducing their blower
technology at the Company's plant for process improvement. Some
modernisation were made to the plant to introduce this new
- The Company proposed to diversify its activities into trawling,
transport, leasing and bauxite business.
1985 - 25,000 pref. shares redeemed on 25.2.1986.
1990 - Production and turnover declined to 28,450 tonnes and Rs.16.76
crores respectively due to scarcity of (RPC). The scarcity was
attributed to the cut imposed on allocation of RPC for all
calcinersing to the private sector by Indian Oil Corporation
Ltd., effective 1st April.
1992 - 11,50,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
1993 - Inspite of severe competition in the domestic market, there has
been improvement in sales turnover and profitability due to
export of CPC to the international market.
-Goa Carbon Ltd has informed that Paradeep Carbon Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the company has won an annual order from National Aluminium Company (NALCO) to supply 30,000 MT of CPC, worth Rs 369.15 million
-Goa Carbon Ltd has informed that Mr. S Ramachandran has been appointed as a Whole-time Director of the Company with designation Executive Director effective from December 01, 2006.
Mr. Shrinivas V Dempo has been appointed as Additional Director and Chairman of the Company with effect from April 01, 2006. Dr. A B Prasad has been appointed as Additional Director of the Company effective from December 01, 2006.
- Mr. Srinivas V Dempo has been appointed as Director & Chairman of the Company.
- Dr. A B Prasad has been appointed as Director of the Company.
- Mr. Jagmohan Chhabra has joined the Company as President & Chief Executive Officer.
- The Company has incorporated an overseas 100% Subsidiary Private Company Limited by Shares under the name "GCL GLOBAL RESOURCES SGP PTE. LTD" at Singapore, to broaden the Company's activities.
- Mr. Raman Madhok has been appointed as an additional Director of the Company.
- Mr. Jagmohan J. Chhabra has been appointed as a Whole-time Director of the Company with designation "Executive Director".
- Mr. Raman Madhok has been appointed as an additional Director of the company.
- Goa Carbon Ltd has entered and signed MOU with Sinoway International Holdings Ltd. (Hong Kong based Company) to form a Joint Venture Company to set up jointly, a Company in China, to establish Calcined Petroleum Coke manufacturing unit.
- The Company has recommended dividend of Rs. 2.50 per share of Rs. 10/- each (25%).
- Re-appointment of Mr. Jagmohan J. Chhabra as Whole-time Director of the Company with designation "Executive Director".
- The Company has recommended dividend of Re. 1/- per equity share of Rs. 10/- each (10%).
- Operations at the Company's Goa Plant located at St. Jose De Areal Salcete, Goa have -commenced for Production.