For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

IDBI Bank plans to double MSME, consumer loans in Gujarat

By Religare

IDBI Bank plans to double MSME, consumer loans in Gujarat
IDBI Bank has planned to double its lending portfolios in consumer and micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) sectors in the next two years in Gujarat, said Business Standard.


"With stiff competition in the market we feel the need to balance our portfolios. We need to distribute risks through consumer lending and try to acquire large numbers," said D C Jain, chief general manager and zonal head of IDBI Bank, (RBG, WEST-II).

For targeting MSME segment, IDBI Bank has schemes for wholesale and retail traders, manufacturers, professionals and self employed, medical practitioners and vendors of large and medium corporates.

"Our rates for MSMEs are very competitive. We also offer 0.50 per cent discount to borrowers who have external rating from SMERA/CARE/CRISIL/BRICKWORKS," Jain added.

The MSME portfolio of the bank, according to Jain was around Rs 1,300 crore which they plan to increase to more than Rs 2,000 crore in the next two years. While its consumer lending which mainly comprises of home loan is Rs 1,000 crore which will also be doubled in couple of years, he added.

Currently consumer lending portfolio of IDBI bank was nearly 30 per cent while remaining 70 per cent was corporate lending.

Dion Global Solutions Ltd.

Read more about: idbi bank msme loan gujarat
Company Search
Get Instant News Updates
Notification Settings X
Time Settings
Clear Notification X
Do you want to clear all the notifications from your inbox?
Settings X
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Goodreturns sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Goodreturns website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more