For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts

Amazon And PE Fund Samara Capital Acquire Birla's More


As per the leading business daily report, Amazon and private equity fund Samara Capital have acquired Aditya Birla's grocery and food chain More at a financial consideration of Rs. 4200 crore. Under the More brand, ABRL operates as many as 575 retail stores across India.

 Amazon And PE Fund Samara Capital Acquire Birla's More

In accordance with the report, the development came through at around 1:30 pm on Wednesday at the Aditya Birla group headquarters based out of Mumbai after the board of Aditya Birla Retail gave it a go-ahead earlier in the day. In the strategic business development, Samara acquired a majority stake of 51% in ABRL while the remaining 49% has been taken over by Amazon's investment arm, NV Investment Holdings LLC.

The deal is subject to clearance by the Competition Commission of India (CCI).

Earlier, it was suggested that if the transaction goes through, it would mark American retail giant's second investment into India's brick-and-mortar retail. In September 2017, the e-commerce company had acquired a 5% stake in Shoppers Stop, the country's listed departmental store, for as much as Rs. 180 crore.

Read more about: amazon shoppers stop
Story first published: Wednesday, September 19, 2018, 16:59 [IST]
Company Search
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This includes cookies from third party social media websites and ad networks. Such third party cookies may track your use on Goodreturns sites for better rendering. Our partners use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Goodreturns website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time. Learn more