Forbes taking into consideration different customer-specific parameters as well as technological advancement has compiled a list of top banks in India. The data has been aggregated taking a sample size of 40,000 customers who were asked to give ratings to banks on fees, digital service, trust and financial advice as some major indicators. Here's a list of top of leading banks of India.
In the number spot is HDFC bank that is headquartered in Mumbai and has a employee base of 88,253 - as of 2018.
2. ICICI Bank- Again Mumbai-headquartered private sector banks come second in the list and commands an employee strength of 81,548 - as of 2018.
3. DBS: A foreign bank with headquarters in Singapore has bagged the third slot in top bank list compiled by Forbes.
4. Kotak Mahindra Bank with employee base of 35,717 as of 2018 is again headquartered in Mumbai and ranks 4th.
5. IDFC Bank with headquarters in Chennai ranks 5th and commands an employee strength of 9,670 as of 2018.
6. Syndicate Bank: In the 6th spot ranks this public sector Manipal-based bank.
7. PNB: The seventh place has been taken over by the public sector bank that is headquartered in Delhi. The number of employees: 74,897 - as of 2018
8. Allahabad Bank with headquarters in Kolkata comes 8th in the list.
9. Vijaya Bank with headquarters in Bengaluru has employee base of 16,079 as of 2018
10. Axis Bank with headquarters in Mumbai ranks 10th
While it may come as a surprise, largest state-run lender SBI did not make in the top banks of India and instead comes on the eleventh spot as per customer response