As per the AirHelp organization with specialization in providing air travellers rights and which also seeks compensation for delays and cancellation has come out with a rating of airports in 2019 and has found the New Jersey hub to be worst placed. Other airports also provide weak services and are placed lower, with the highest ranked Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport commanding a rating of 32nd spot of the total 132 airports globally in the total list.
The major reasons for the poor performance condition pervading all through the US airports ids the weather-related delays when compared to European counterparts.
The airport rating is done on the basis of 3 parameters primarily, on-time performance, service quality, and food and shopping options. The first criteria command a weightage of 60% while the rest 2 command 20% each.
And the list is topped by Doha's Hamad International Airport, Tokyo Haneda International Airport, and Athens International Airport, which have taken the top spots since the ratings began in 2015.
The 10 Best Airports of 2019
• 1. Hamad International Airport, Qatar (DOH)
• 2. Tokyo International Airport, Japan (HND)
• 3. Athens International Airport, Greece (ATH)
• 4. Afonso Pena International Airport, Brazil (CWB)
• 5. Gdansk Lech Wałęsa Airport, Poland (GDN)
• 6. Sheremetyevo International Airport, Russia (SVO)
• 7. Changi Airport Singapore, Singapore (SIN)
• 8. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, India (HYD)
• 9. Tenerife North Airport, Spain (TFN)
• 10. Viracopos/Campinas International Airport, Brazil (VCP)
The 10 Worst Airports of 2019
• 123. London Gatwick Airport, United Kingdom (LGW)
• 124. Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada (YTZ)
• 125. Porto Airport, Portugal (OPO)
• 126. Paris Orly Airport, France (ORY)
• 127. Manchester Airport, United Kingdom (MAN)
• 128. Malta International Airport, Malta (MLA)
• 129. Henri Coanda International Airport, Romania (OTP)
• 130. Eindhoven Airport, Netherlands (EIN)
• 131. Kuwait International Airport, Kuwait (KWI)
• 132. Lisbon Portela Airport, Portugal (LIS)