Indian Stock markets rallied to new highs in trade on Thursday after early Election Commission's vote counting trends showed signs of a clear win for the BJP-led NDA in the Lok Sabha Elections 2019. BSE's benchmark index Sensex jumped over 1,000 points to cross 40,000 while NSE's Nifty 50 crossed 12,000-mark for the first time ever.
Amid the surge, some of the stocks listed on these indices were bound to touch record highs.
1. State Bank of India (SBI): Shares of the India's largest public sector bank rose nearly 6 percent to Rs 364, a new record high.
2. Kotak Mahindra Bank: The Mumbai-based private sector lender's shares surged to hit a 52-week high of Rs 1,555.90 apiece.
3. Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC): Shares of the housing finance company jumped by close to 3 percent to Rs 2,210.
4. Titan Company: This Tata group consumer goods company gained to hit a 52-week high of Rs 1,262.80 on NSE.
5. Axis Bank: The third largest private sector bank in India saw its share price climb to Rs 804.30.
6. ICICI Bank: This stock soared over 6 percent in morning trade to touch Rs 427.95, compared to its previous close of Rs 405.35.
7. UltraTech Cement: Shares of UltraTech Cement rose to a 52-week high of Rs 4,884 apiece.
8. L&T: Larsen & Turbo (L&T): The stock increased to a high of Rs 1,562.40 on Thursday morning.
9. Bajaj Finance: Shares of the NBFC jumped to Rs 3,518, before tumbling down soon enough.
10. Adani Ports and SEZ: The stock gained more than 6 percent to a 52-week high of Rs 430.60 apiece.