As the coronavirus positive cases have spiked to over 270 mark in the country, Indian Banks Association (IBA) has come up with guidelines for ensuring safe banking by both account holders and its employees.
COVID 19 which is now declared a pandemic is a highly infectious outbreak and is transmitted from a person who has contracted the disease to healthy persons. At this time, maintaining social distancing is highly crucial besides ensuring personal hygiene to avoid further spread of the disease.
Safety Tips for Banking Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
1. IBA asks account holders to avoid visiting bank branch unless unavoidable and instead carry out transactions via internet banking, mobile banking etc.
2. For depositing or transferring money via cheques or cash, the IBA asks customers to make use of electronic payment channels such as NEFT, RTGS etc.
3. For loan solutions, the IBA has asked customers to opt for digital platforms and thus minimize one-on-one meetings.
4. Also, cash as a payment mode should be avoided for preventing spread of Covid 19 and instead customers should make use of debit, credit cards, UPI etc.
5. And if you make the payment via cash or visit a bank branch then ensure proper hygiene by thoroughly washing your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds, before and after doing so, said the IBA.
So, in order that maximum employees from the banking sector can stay back home for containing the spread of Covid 19, do avoid unnecessary visits to bank branches and instead use online modes and thus reduce physical contacts.