Now taxpayers can submit their ITRs at their local post office's Common Services Centres (CSC) counter. Regarding the same, India Post has recently Tweeted that "Now no need to travel far to file your income tax returns. You can easily access income tax return services at your nearest post office CSC counter. #AapkaDostIndiaPost." Post office CSC counter provides a number of benefits and digital initiatives. According to the official website of Digital India:
- No need of additional infrastructure for Common Services Centres in all areas.
- Enabled e-Services to reach the farthest corners of India via widespread network of India Post.
- Provides single access point for people to access postal, banking & insurance services along with other Government information & benefits.
- Citizens will be able to access all e-Services provided by the Government, at their local post offices.
- This will enable rapid adoption of services provided under the Digital India programme and make governance more effective.
India Post has also in another Tweet has confirmed that senior citizens can now access Jeevan Pramaan Services at Post Office CSC Counter. Regarding the same, India Post has said that "Senior citizens can now easily avail the benefit of Jeevan Praman services at the nearest post office CSC counter."
वरिष्ठ नागरिक अब सरलता से नज़दीकी डाकघर के सीएससी काउंटर पर जीवन प्रमाण सेवाओं का लाभ उठा सकते हैं। #AapkaDostIndiaPost— India Post (@IndiaPostOffice) July 15, 2021
Senior citizens can now easily avail the benefit of Jeevan Praman services at the nearest post office CSC counter.#AapkaDostIndiaPost pic.twitter.com/tKrzifc6yc