The Reserve Bank of India Governor, Shaktikanta Das met with the Managing Directors and CEOs of Public and Private Sector Banks over Video Conference.
The meetings were attended by Deputy Governors and other senior officers of RBI. In his opening remarks, the Governor appreciated the efforts of banks in ensuring normal to near normal operations during the lockdown period.
During the meeting, among other matters, the following issues were discussed:
1. Review of the current economic situation
2. Credit flows to different sectors of the economy, including liquidity to NonBanking Financial Companies, Micro Finance Institutions, Housing Finance Companies, Mutual Funds, etc.
3. Post lockdown credit flows including provision of working capital, with special focus on credit flows to MSMEs
4. Implementation of three months moratorium on repayment of loan instalments announced by the RBI
5. Monitoring of overseas branches of banks in view of the slowdown in economies across the globe
6. Stability of the financial sector.