As per the Motilal Oswal 24th Annual Wealth Creation Study 2019, top 100 wealth creators have together added a whopping Rs 49 lakh crore during the period 2014-19. This has been the highest amount of wealth created so far in the country. Among the top 100 wealth creators, Indiabulls Ventures made its mark as the fastest wealth creating company, with 2014-19 stock price multiplier of 18x (78 percent CAGR).
Further the study pointed out that six of the top 10 wealth creators commanded a single digit P/E multiple in 2014 which happens to be the base year and 7 of the companies' market cap stood below Rs. 3000 crore.
Also, the brokerage company said Rs. 10 lakh invested equally amongst top 10 welath creating companies in 2014 would provide a CAGR of 61% in comparison to just 12% percent return for the Sensex.
Here's the list of top 10 wealth creators in India during 2014-19
1. Indiabulls Ventures: It has been the fastest wealth creator between 2014-19 with stock price multiplier of 18x (78% CAGR). The company's market capitalization increased from Rs. 400 crore in FY14 to Rs. 19700 crore at the end of FY19.
2. Bajaj Finance: With stock price multiplier of 17x (76% CAGR), the company's m-cap surged to Rs. 1.74 lakh crore as of FY 19 in comparison to Rs. 9000 crore in FY14.
3. Bombay Burmah: With stock price multiplier of 13x (68% CAGR), the company 's market cap advanced to Rs 91,000 crore as of FY19, compared to Rs 700 crore in 2014. The price to earnings ratio was 10x in FY19, compared to 4x in 2014.
4. Aarti Industries: The company in the FY 2010 commanded a market cap of Rs 13,600 crore in comparison to Rs 1,100 crore in 2014, with stock price multiplier of 13x (67% CAGR). The price to earnings ratio was 28x in FY19, compared to 7x in 2014.
5. Sundram Fasteners: The company's market cap in the FY 2019 increased to Rs 11,900 crore
compared to Rs 1,300 crore in 2014, with stock price multiplier of 9x (55% CAGR). The price to earnings ratio was 26x in FY19, compared to 11x in 2014.