It has been over a week now since the launch of the new e-filing portal 2.0 but still a lot of functionalities on the portal are not working and due to which taxpayers are stuck with the various tax related processes. This is even as the finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman during the last week tagged Infosys and Nandan Nilekani in a tweet, asking them to not let down the country's taxpayers in respect of the quality of service being extended.
Here is the list of 25 common errors faced by taxpayers on the E-filing 2.0 Portal:
1. DSC not being re-registered: The department asked taxpayers to re-register their digital signatures afresh beginning June 7 as the migration of the previously loaded DSC for the taxpayer could not happen owing to concerns. Nonetheless, due to glitches, DSC re-registration or updation is not happening at the site.
2. Newly incorporated companies or firm not able to register themselves: This to create their e-filing account.
3. Forget password option not working at various places
4. OTP for the various tax related transactions not being received on the registered mobile number of the taxpayer
5. ITR or Income tax returns for the different financial years cannot be downloaded in PDF format
6. Acknowledgments by the department in respect of the filed ITR cannot be downloaded
7. The new e-filing 2.0 fails to auto-populate DIN or Director Identification number
8. Challan numbers not getting validated
9. TDS returns cannot be filed
10. Unable to file 15CA/15CB i.e. in respect of foreign remittance and for the same CBDT has allowed some relaxations
11. The tab for e-proceedings not functional
12. Grievances filed with the portal are deleted even before resolution.
13. Previous grievances registered with the portal are not showing
14. ITR return for fy 2021( AY 2021-22) cannot be filed
15. Previous outstanding demands not showing
16. Taxpayer accounts over the portal are getting locked, if the login fails on account of non-operatability of the portal
17. Refund reissue request cannot be made
18. Form 26AS cannot be viewed
19. PAN data mismatch error is coming when there is absolutely no error
20. PAN number not showing as valid
21. JSON utility not available: For the AY 2022, the department has come up with the JSON utility that replaces the earlier Excel and Java edition of ITR utilities.
22. When filing ITR verification on selecting 'Self' in capacity, name is getting disappeared and shown in validation errors.
23. UDIN (Unique Document Identification number) updation for last month audit as well as other certifications also not possible via the new interface
24. Rectification option for ITRs not available
25. Return processed in March 2021 now is being shown as 'under processing'