The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) recently announced the introduction of Standard Personal Accident Insurance product from April 1. The product is called Saral Suraksha Bima succeeded by the offering company name.
The Indian Insurance Regulatory said there is a wide range of customized insurance products on the insurance market, it can be difficult for the insurers to choose a suitable product. Hence, this standard product will minimize the confusion and prompt citizens to buy the insurance cover.
Here are important things to know about the Standard Insurance Cover:
Important Features of the Policy
- The insured amount could be increased by the extension of the policy
- Nomination facility is allowed under this policy
- This policy has a limited free look duration of 15 days from the day you receive the policy documents.
- If you want to cancel or amend the policy, you must offer a three-month notice period.
- Three optional covers will be included with the policy: temporary complete disablement benefit, education allowance, and hospitalization expenses.
2) Eligibility- Saral Suraksha Bhima Policy
For all insured members, including their principal insured, the minimum entry age for purchasing this policy shall be 18 years and the age limit for purchasing the policy shall be 70. Children up to 10 years of age will be protected if one parent under this scheme has been insured. The policy can be purchased on a Group basis or individual basis. The policy can be extended for the policyholder's whole life.
3) Premium payments
- The regular policy has a minimum amount insured of Rs 2.5 lakh and a maximum sum insured of Rs 1 crore. The policy will be effective for one year and can be extended.
- The available premium options are: For serious illness, the premium will be Rs. 10,000 Rs. 20,000 or Rs. 25,000. The premium for personal injury shall be Rs. 20,000 Rs. 40,00 or Rs. 50,000.
Benefit table Sum Insured Death 100% If insured losses eyesight, hands, feet 100% Total disability of permanent nature 100% Loss of eyesight in one eye, or loss of one hand, or feet 50 - 50%
- The policy does not protect when tragedy occurs within 30 days of the policy due to a serious illness.
- This policy does not cover committing or attempting suicide
- The damage is done due to drug addiction or alcoholism
- Death as a result of a war, invasion, foreign enemy act, hostilities, etc.
- Exclusions for Critical Illness
- If you have not been protected by this policy for at least 1 year without interruptions, you will be subject to a 90-day waiting period.
- Unless a 48-month period has expired, the policy would not include pre-existing diseases.
5) What does the Policy Cover?
All of the following diseases are protected by the program:
- A stroke that leaves you with long-term consequences
- Cancer that has advanced to a certain extent
- Kidney failure necessitates routine dialysis
- Bypass grafting of the coronary arteries
- Transplantation of organs
- Transplanting bone marrow
- The nominee would receive a lump sum payout of the capital sum insured if the insured person dies in an accident.
- If the insured experiences a total loss of limbs as a result of an accident, he would be entitled to a portion of the capital sum insured.