For varying investment goals i.e. short-term goal, mid-term goal as well long-term goal, fixed deposit investments are the most secure option to invest under the debt category. Fixed deposit options come with a range of benefits such as guaranteed returns, additional rates for senior citizens, tax benefits if invested for 5 years, deposit insurance cover provided by DICGC, and so on. But do you know you can get free medical benefits and emergency services along with attractive returns if you open a Health Plus Fixed Deposit Account offered by DCB Bank? To know more about the features and benefits of this deposit account, keep on reading to settle for a conclusion.
Features of DCB Health Plus Fixed Deposit
- This fixed deposit account can be opened by resident individuals.
- This fixed deposit account can be opened with a minimum amount of Rs 10,000 only for a tenure of 700 days.
- A resident individual must fall under the age limit of 18 years to a maximum of 70 years (completed, but less than 71 years) to open an account.
- A primary account holder can open up to 4 DCB Health Plus Fixed Deposits, according to the bank.
- Other benefits such as partial & premature withdrawal are also allowed under this deposit.
- Under the ICICI Lombard Group Take Care Insurance Plan, you can get free medical benefits and emergency assistance with this fixed deposit account.
- You can get consultations from doctors approved by the insurance provider (ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Ltd.), consultations from doctors appointed by the insurance provider, pharmacy options based on the consultation, and ambulance and other emergency services with this fixed deposit account.
Free medical benefits and emergency services offered with DCB Health Plus Fixed Deposit
The following are the free medical benefits and emergency services provided by the ICICI Lombard Group Take Care Insurance Plan, which is available with a DCB Health Plus Fixed Deposit account.
|DCB Health Plus Fixed Deposit Amount||General Physician / Specialist / Hospital OPD||Prescribed Pharmacy Expenses||Emergency Service (Ambulance)|
|Rs 25 lakh and above||10||10||Rs 3,000||Unlimited|
|Rs 10 lakh to less than Rs 15 lakh||10||6||Rs 1,500||Unlimited|
|Rs 5 lakh to less than Rs 10 lakh||10||4||Rs 1,000||Unlimited|
|Rs 3 lakh to less than Rs 5 lakh||10||2||Rs 500||-|
|Rs 1 lakh to less than Rs 3 lakh||8||2||-||-|
|Rs 10,000 to less than Rs 1 lakh||4||0||-||-|
|Source: Bank Website|
Interest Rates of DCB Health Plus Fixed Deposit
A DCB Health Plus Fixed Deposit account can only be opened up to a tenure of 700 days. With effect from 15 May 2021, below are the most recent interest rates provided by DCB Bank on deposits of less than Rs 2 Cr.
|Tenure||Regular FD Rates||Senior Citizen FD Rates|
|7 days to 14 days||4.55%||5.05%|
|15 days to 45 days||4.55%||5.05%|
|46 days to 90 days||4.50%||5.00%|
|91 days to less than 6 months||5.25%||5.75%|
|6 months to less than 12 months||5.70%||6.20%|
|12 months to less than 15 months||5.80%||6.30%|
|15 months to less than 18 months||6.00%||6.50%|
|18 months to less than 700 days||6.00%||6.50%|
|Source: Bank Website|
Points to note
- To open a DCB Health Plus Fixed Deposit account, one needs to submit his or her PAN details.
- To open a DCB Health Plus Fixed Deposit, you must first register with the bank with your mobile number and email address.
- The insurance company is responsible for providing health insurance services. The individual can choose whether or not to use the above-discussed features. The bank is not accountable or liable for the insurance provider's health insurance services, according to the official website of the bank.
- To use the health insurance services, you must first download the ‘IL Take Care' mobile app from the default app store of your mobile.
- Before opening a DCB Health Plus Fixed Deposit account it is recommended to read the applicable terms and conditions and for more information, you can visit https://www.dcbbank.com/dcb-health-plus-fixed-deposit